BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Josh set up a sponsored meet at Dinan a few weeks back. Here's a pic that Kewl X5 took for me.

For you SoCalers that were at my M3 generations meet, you saw the Imola Red M3 with the monster rims (275 in front, 285 in rear). That's Steve Dinan's personal car. They had a Carbon Black which has all the goodies but they didn't pop the hood to let anyone see what it is. Just this dyno graph.

Expected to be available in March 03. No comments on whether the exhaust uses all 4 tips or just the 2 on the left.

Enjoy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price still up in the air... but rumored to be 35K. We'll see in March.

Keep in mind, these upgrades come with a BMW backed warranty.

Also, some of these high priced items don't add to HP/TQ (strut braces, rims, etc)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops.. my bad... meant to say the Dinan M5 S2 package was 35K. Rumor to be a half that...

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
Well if its as much imporvement as their package for teh M5 had then I woud say its worth the price :thumbup:

·
E46Fanatic
3,134 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:
$90-95K for an M3 coupe??? i'd rather have the SL500 or a porsche 4S.
nevermind, i forgot you mentioned that was for the M5. so roughly about $75K for the coupe. i don't know if i feel the car is worth that much. :tsk:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I talked to Dinan. Only the left 2 are active.

Also, the price should be a lot lower for just intake/exhaust/throttle bodies/software (which is all you want for the power).. and since some people's aftermarket exhausts do pretty much the same thing, you will only need to buy intake/throttle bodies/software (intake including meter).. And I'm guessing that would be under 8k.

·
OG PapaSmurf
3,015 Posts
I already have the software, hopefully if the system is promising, i'll buy the throttle bodies and intake and they'll uprade the software for a small fee. Im sure that kit is gonna be extremely overpriced.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Hey Walter...

How do you find the current software? Any difference...anyways, I'm thinking of getting the exhaust...looks pretty nice...what do you guys think???

·
OG PapaSmurf
3,015 Posts
The stage 1 software didnt do anything for power, all it did was raise the redline 150 rpm, removed TSG, and made the throttle response alot crisper. Steve, is that the Dinan exhaust? Where did u get that pic? It's nice but i dont know about those tips, is that a prototype?

Walter

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HKE46Boy said:
10k+ for that pkg....hell no.....I rather get the G-Power supercharger and wait for the ESS one comes out.
Hey Simon... hold off on that supercharger idea... with the new engine production in 11/02, we still don't know if it'll blow. As far as I know, if you're engine was built before 11/02, expect it to have bearing failures and the infamous rattle of death...

I can tell you more at the meet. Didn't even know you were getting a M3 till lately! Congrats man!:thumbup:

Adam

·
Registered
242 Posts
I really have to see what kind of price dinan going to ask for their S2 package.. M5 package was crazy money. but those intake runners looks sweet.

if intake, TB, and software is around 3 to 4 g.. I will consider it, if more than that.. Iwill just save up and go for FI a year or two later.

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,415 Posts
hayaku said:
Price still up in the air... but rumored to be 35K. We'll see in March.

Keep in mind, these upgrades come with a BMW backed warranty.

Also, some of these high priced items don't add to HP/TQ (strut braces, rims, etc)
For 17.5K, I'd just buy a motorcycle if I wanted to go fast and have a bunch of change left over. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts