BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing at dinanbmw.com and i saw the DINAN S package for my 325i and it looks cool.. but when i saw the price of around $2,500 is it worth it? And does the software even add a noticable hp or torque gain? any ppl with the package is the new performance noticeable and worth the money

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
No, not worth it!

Oh and GarrettF is right:

:search: :google:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There is another thread going on about this issue. My opinion is that I have a BMW with full maintenance and warranty running through 2008. I want to do some mods on my car, but my reason for buying a 2002 330Ci vs an E36 M3 was that I wanted a newer car with warranty and minimal maintenance cost. Thus, since Dinan is the only aftermarket performance company that BMW works with and they have a warranty on their products that runs parallell to the BMW Factory (and CPO) warranty, I felt the Dinan was the way to mod. My BMW Dealer is also a Dinan Authorized so anything I have done is installed by my BMW/Dinan Dealer and should any issue arise from a mod, there should be no questions about coverage.

Many others will pipe in that unless BMW(dealer) can prove the Mod caused the part to fail, it does not void the warranty. My analysis is that rather than be faced with an uphill battle with fighting for warranty work to be covered due to a mod maybe creating or not creating a part to fail; I would use the Dinan products and eliminate the battle completely.

Cost wise, Dinan is high buck. Join the BMWCCA and you get 10% off all Dinan stuff. There is also the cost vs benefit analysis and in some cases Dinan does not win (Stage 1 software has no HP increase, just quicker throttle response and I believe top end speed govenor removed and higher redline). However, though there may be some differences in construction, A front strut brace and rear strut brace are going to perform similarily and possibly only be a "looks" issue between a Dinan and another brand.

Final view; I have no warranty issue with Dinan, might have paid a bit more for less performance, but I have a nice BMW with some mods to make it more enjoyable and I do not have to restore my software every time the car goes in for a service (and I get a BMW loaner to enjoy while the work gets dones...last one was a X5 4.4 with some Dinan toys and was a fun changeup).

Someone hand me a flame jacket as I am sure it is coming on!

Cyber Pete back me up! haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts