BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Yeah that's about all they have on sale. Dinan sucks

Thier prices need to be 40 percent off anyway. Come on, take 40 percent off performance software or tranny software and then we're talking.

GhostRider said:
Holy crap! Just in time. My Dinan CF covers get into the dealership on Monday :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
No parts for e46 m3?

:bawling:

·
Alco-ma-holic
1,021 Posts
Hey Ghostrider

If you dont mind me asking. Why are you "upgrading" your spark plugs. I've heard all the stuff that a better spark plug improves gas milage and is kinder to your engine. But is it worth it. I've also heard that most modern cars dont need spark plug upgrades cuz car makers now a days know that a spark plug is a pretty important piece and dont spare much expense on them.

Let me know what ya think (and this is not exclusively directed towards Ghostrider, i just read his sig and figured i'd ask).

TIA,
Eric
///Miller

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
Re: Hey Ghostrider

MillsBims said:
If you dont mind me asking. Why are you "upgrading" your spark plugs. I've heard all the stuff that a better spark plug improves gas milage and is kinder to your engine. But is it worth it. I've also heard that most modern cars dont need spark plug upgrades cuz car makers now a days know that a spark plug is a pretty important piece and dont spare much expense on them.

Let me know what ya think (and this is not exclusively directed towards Ghostrider, i just read his sig and figured i'd ask).

TIA,
Eric
///Miller
i would like to know too. :thumbup:

-brendan

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
Re: Hey Ghostrider

MillsBims said:

TIA,
Eric
///Miller
Well the car has a little over 30k miles on it so I figured swapping out the plugs wouldnt be a bad idea anyways. I'm not expecting a change in performance but since I felt like replacing the plugs anyways I decided to get some high end plugs from Denso. I've thought about getting the NGK plugs and trying a set for one day then swapping the others on the next day to see if there is any perceptable differences.
Ed328ci said:
Nothing useful to us on that list. :(

Ed
CF engine covers put me at 8 points and then I only need the strut bar for my Dinan badge :thumbup:

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,748 Posts
It's just eye candy, no need for USB's and the engine covers.

·
1,835 Posts
OK I might (repeat MIGHT) have a customer service issue between Dinan and my dealership.

I had the dealership order the CF engine covers and they will come in today. On friday I went to the dealership and picked up the M deadpedal and since I was there I also paid for the CF engine covers.

When I got home I saw the posting on the Dinan page about 40% off and was excited that the CF covers were on the list. Well I called the parts guy at the Jackie Cooper BMW parts dept today and stated I had seen the Dinan Winter parts special with 40% off the CF covers and wanted to know if they could refund me 40% of the original price.

First off he tells me he had checked that and that the Cf covers were not included in the winter discounts. I informed him I was looking directly at the web page and the only offering for the e46 was the CF covers.

Next thing he tells me is that since Dinan had not given him a discount on the parts when they were ordered I would have to contact Dinan and get my discount directly from them. :banghead: :banghead:

What kind of BS is that? The dealership should apply my discount and they should have to contact Dinan to recieve a rebate. I've called and left a message for Chris Mc Naughton in sales at Dinan regarding the situation and I'm waiting on a callback.

I think I'm going to see if I can get the dealership to rebate me my 40%. If they refuse I am going to talk with their customer service dept to see if that gets anything done. If that doesnt work I'm going to ask for a full refund of myt money and tehn ask they order the CF covers with the 40% discount. If that doesnt work Dinan and BMW North America are going to have an upset customer call their customer service departments unitl this is resolved.:mad: :mad:

I would understand if they couldnt do anything if I had paid for them and had already recieved the CF covers but they wont even get to the dealership til this afternoon.

·
1,835 Posts
WOO HOO. I just got off the phone with Chris at Dinan and he got ahold of the parts guy at Jackie Cooper and they will honor the 40% discount. One customer service disaster averted :bow:

·
1,835 Posts
vinnymac said:
Damn...the CF engine covers are very tempting...
and saving about $250 on the overall cost of them makes it very tempting. I'm just glad I waited til they started the special.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts