BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My company contracts with a number of local dealerships including two BMW stores. I am able to get a great discount on an M3 and parts through these stores. Obviously I do not want to have to worry about warranty on a brand new car and the only mods I would like to do are intake and exhaust. I haven't heard a lot of positive responses regarding Dinan but given the warranty issue and a discount would you guys be OK with Dinan products? I would have them installed before taking delivery.

What exhaust and intake would you substitute? I am not expecting big performance gains but would definetly like to improve the exhaust note.

·
Registered
154 Posts
just read....

I just read in article last night in a recent roundel issue about the dinan m3 s2

The article couldn't say enough good things about the dinan upgrade.

A lot of people on this board will bash dinan (over priced and under performing) but I think if you don’t have to pay list price, go for it

:thumbup:

·
Resident CF Whore
2,880 Posts
I would just worry about the exhaust....
I don't think it would be a problem in Phoenix though...
Here in Seattle, where it's FREAKING cold right now, people would quickly notice exhaust only coming out of one side of the car.
So, I say the only question you got to ask yourself is, "how loud do I like it?"
For me, my dinan exhaust is not loud enough.
For you, a dinan exhaust on your M3 may sound perfect.
If possible, I would HIGHLY suggest you to hear it in person.
As for performance... the M3 is pretty much tweaked out to the max, so it's hard to find high performance mods to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts