BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought people would want to know.... :thumbsup:

the sale includes dinan suspension! which they don't usually have on sale... from my personal experience highly recommended...

Copied from www.dinancars.com
Get your Dinan Badge Sale!

15% Off most products

Now is a great time to purchase Dinan products to accumulate 10 points toward obtaining your Dinan Badge. Dinan suspension kits are eligible for this sale. Select your car to view the points for each product. Place your order during the month of August and receive an instant 15% discount on most products (see exclusions below). Once your local Dinan dealer has verified that you are eligible for the badge, they will place the order to get the coveted badge on your car! For those who already have their badge, you can still order Dinan products and receive the 15% discount.

To compliment your Dinan components, we have included 15% off software as well. For further questions, please contact your local Dinan Dealer or contact Dinan directly at 800-341-5480.

Product exclusions for the 15% Sale that are not eligible are listed below.

Dinan Wheels

Dinan by Brembo Brakes including replacement parts

Hawk Brake Pads

135, 335 and E9x M3 carbon fiber intakes

V-8 and V-10 Stroker motors

Dinan engine and transmission chips

Dinan Superchargers systems

Dinan 135/335 Limited Slip Differential D773-0007, D773-0008, D773-0009

This sale runs from August 1-31, 2010.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have 5 points as well. I contacted Dinan and they said that you needed to show your authorized Dinan dealer a copy of each receipt detailing your purchases.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I have 5 points as well. I contacted Dinan and they said that you needed to show your authorized Dinan dealer a copy of each receipt detailing your purchases.
This is correct.;)

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
They had a 20% sale for summer like 2 weeks ago :eeps:
Yes they did......someone wanted to buy an air box then, I PM'd them the info.

Dinan makes some pretty decent stuff. I like all of mine.:thumbsup: Bought it little by little.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Now if they only had anything worth buying......

400$ for a cone filter and tube.
400$ for a metal bar with bolts on the end.

If they were 200$ each, maybe I would think about it.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Yes they did......someone wanted to buy an air box then, I PM'd them the info.

Dinan makes some pretty decent stuff. I like all of mine.:thumbsup: Bought it little by little.
Do you have their Stage 1 software? Did you notice a difference when you got it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i got everything little by little too.. i love the stuff haha... each stage i've done so far made a difference i did just the basic chip with exhaust and the auto trans chip.... then did stage 2 and the intake... then front strut brace then dinan suspension stage one with camber plates... then anti-rolls and rear strut brace... so really i have a Dinan-S with stage 3 dinan suspension... none of the pics in my sig reflect the new suspension

the 15% off sale includes suspension...which the 20% off sale did not... i must say the suspension is really well balanced... its like has multiple personalities almost haha really interesting i love it haha

·
Registered
839 Posts
For what you get...dinan is too expensive. What is the one most useful dinan product for the price? Throttle bodies?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
it's really meant to be bought as a complete system... its really not about making the car crazy fast... but more like it fixing all the short falls of the stock car and boosting the all around performance... the suspension is pretty unreal... haha its so well balanced... and its got really good ride... when you are on rougher roads its a little bit more rough than stock sport suspension but its very livable day to day... and in the canyons and on the freeway it becomes like a different animal... its sooo balanced... i was going like 140 the other night on the freeway and like the car just has so much more control... you can really tell that they took the time to really develop the suspension... i mean by no means is it really a track set up but for rough canyons and ever day driving its really great... it just feels really good to drive... Its like the car really sucks itself to the road... like it keeps making you want to drive faster and faster... and you can actually control the car with the throttle too... yes it is expensive... for sure... but the car feels like it came off the line this way... its the car bmw should have built in the first place
the set up is so meticulous they even tune the tire pressures and the alignment settings... its great stuff... just expensive... i bought everything slowly over a period of a few years..... lightweight wheels highly recommended... everything about the car is then magnified im running ARC-8 17x8.5s (about 17 pounds a piece equaling about a 30 pound unsprung weight reduction)

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Do you have their Stage 1 software? Did you notice a difference when you got it?
I passed on the Stage 1 and went straight to Stage 2. It was a little difference but with the high altitude up here hard to really tell. I think the biggest free mod I could do for easy HP gains would be just to drive down to a lower elevation.:craig:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
For what you get...dinan is too expensive. What is the one most useful dinan product for the price? Throttle bodies?
Then you have not checked into BMW Performance item prices if you look at prices. Have you owned any Dinan products? Are you talking from personal experience, or are you just saying they are too expensive for your bank account?:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Then you have not checked into BMW Performance item prices if you look at prices. Have you owned any Dinan products? Are you talking from personal experience, or are you just saying they are too expensive for your bank account?:D
speaking of BMW Performance.... I also have the bmw performance front control arms those are great too...

another added benifit .... most of (not all however for the 325 all of ) their products are 50 state emissions legal! as they go through testing with EPA and CARB to get certified

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
You wanna play this game again? :rofl:
I can get something cheaper and better than every singly Dinan product you own.
I, uh, really don't even need to waste my time explaining this one, but sure :wtf:, why not.
$7312.60 for what? A "cup kit," some software, a 3.15 diff that you can get for like $200 used TOPS, an intake, sway bars, and a badge....

For $7000, I can get a 3.15, AST 5200's, H&R/hotchkis sway's, AA supercharger, and hell more and still be <$7000.
Sure it's nice if you want a kit that "supposed" to work together, but there is no way you can argue it's the best deal out there.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts