E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i shouldnt be driving right?? its pretty flooded and i have no socket on my intake cause its usally nice and sunny out here in so cali....

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
i dont think it would be a big problem if you drive in the rain without a sock, however, don't drive through flooded areas

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your in glendale right?? thats nothing compared to whats in the valley right now....its flooded like no tmw you cant avoid some flood puddles

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Why don't you drive it anyways and rape your BMW? You damn hater :flipoff:

j/k im in riverside right now, but on the weekends im in Studio City and nothing floods in the SF Valley like Burbank between Sepulveda and Balboa :eek:

·
Nonsense Generator
946 Posts
I left my car in the garage today and got a ride to work. I'm in North Hollywood, and I did NOT want to take my car out in this crap.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Hobbes said:
I left my car in the garage today and got a ride to work. I'm in North Hollywood, and I did NOT want to take my car out in this crap.
Hobbes you live in North Hollywood? Damn that's like 5-10 mins from my house in socal. we gotta chill more often :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Left my baby in the garage, jumped in my MDX, and got to work with no problems. There would have been no way I would have been able to make it in without flooding my Dinan intake - sock or no sock.

Plus, it is not letting up.

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,539 Posts
i drove, hit a few pools of standing water when on the highway, I have no sock, I just let off the gas and hoped the engine wouldn't make like a vacuum. none of the puddles were deep enough to actually get to the filter It was more an issue of splash from the contact with the wheel, and spray/mist being kicked up from the other cars. I was hoping my ACS addon would shed the water away from the intake lol. hey, I gotta drive.

--thinking to get another backup filter to swap in after whenever it rains so I have a dry one, at least to start off with, every time I hit the road.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BGReddy00 said:
do you drive your car when it rains?
i do but it was flooding in the morning badly so i really wanted to stay away from the engine from hydrolocking

1 - 12 of 12 Posts