E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard that Dinan is coming out with an intake and exhaust system, as well as a new chip for the M3 next month! anyone else hear about this?

the intake system (est. $1500) is supposed to give at least 18hp and the exhaust (est. $1500) is supposed to give an extra 10hp as well. oh yea, you have to get the chip in order not to have any errors too (est $500).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 things though...

1. i don't want to do anything to screw up my warranty and i know for sure with dinan, there's no chance.

2. other upgrades i've seen have never boasted hp boosts like these, right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is Hamman Airbox Syndrome?

also, i got the info from the Dinan rep here in Houston. He said the stuff is due out next month so i put my name on the list (#31).

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
vrracr said:
2 things though...

1. i don't want to do anything to screw up my warranty and i know for sure with dinan, there's no chance.

2. other upgrades i've seen have never boasted hp boosts like these, right?
the problem is the law in America is that the dealership has to PROVE not you, that the parts in question caused the problem to void the warranty....check the UUC website for details.....there is absolutely no malfunction i can think of that can be caused by changing an exhaust....gruppe m intake boasted pretty damn high hp gains....and it is very easy to put the stock air box back in if you're that worried about warranty....Dinans quality and performance doesn't warrent the prices....

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,511 Posts
well dinan offers a 30 day money back thing if you buy it from abmw dealership ..so someone should get it and post up the results! just a thought

·
Registered
874 Posts
gruppe m intake boasted pretty damn high hp gains....and it is very easy to put the stock air box back in if you're that worried about warranty.
Yea...this is easy to prove if you hydralock the motor with a CAI...so avoid those puddles!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.