E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm not too experienced with cars but I do know I like performance.
I decided to upgrade my 325ci with a high flow intake, stage II engine software, front strut tower and an exhaust
- ALL DINAN UPGRADES - I'm wondering if someone could tell me how much this will actually improve my car (as far as performance and response - estimated hp gains maybe?)

Thanks in advance :clap:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Call Dinan, seems to make the most sense

Or dyno

·
Registered
158 Posts
I saw a dyno with a dinan intake and software and he got about 5 at the wheels more. I bet headers will really open that up to 7-10.

strut tower wont be too much of a difference unless doin slalom or track.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't waste your money if you want performance HP gains. Compare Dinan to the following:

ESS software
UUC exhaust
Strongstrut tower brace

Yea there are other options for around the same price as the ones I listed above. Do some homework and look around first.

As far as TB's go. I don't know of anyone else besides Dinan. And your gains will be minimal really.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Just a lil bit??? I'm blowin a couple grand for A LIL BIT???
Easy tiger

Most gains on these cars are minimal at best, regardless of the manufacturer

Most people will say, and for the most part are correct, that most of Dinan's products are overpriced, but I bought a few goodies for a few reasons:

-CAI: got a great deal and I love the design, utilizes stock air intake point and it has a snorkel intake that leads to the bumper, which I like
-Stage II Software: Reliability and no issues

You can get these products from many manufacturers, so if you want to get the same products, I'm sure you can get them for less

I just can't bring myself to pay $700 for a throttle body, but would love to get it and the Stage III Software someday

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
that was a joke, thanks for the advice though everyone!
It could be because I'm married tho :eeps:

But no, the thing that was/is cool about dinan is that they are factory performance upgrades, so you can get them done and still maintain factory warranty. That's why they came with the high cost. Now that there are very few e46s still under warranty it's pretty silly to spend the money on a dinan package

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
sell it and get a 330.
due to many reasons, you won't get much power out of a 325.
Now, if you dont have to pass emissions get a SC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts