BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u guys think of the dinan exhuast? do u notice performance gain and how is the sound?

·
Registered
154 Posts
i wonder about this too.... i hear it depends on the E46 year im told that it sounds almost like stock on a 2001 sedan but ive heard it on an older E46 (i think it was like a late 90's) and it was pretty darn loud

only thing keeping me from installing it is not wanting the noise

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the sound of the exhaust, not too much, not too little. Just a little deeper, throatier sound which increases as you accelerate. It doesn't bother me or my passengers when at highway speed. If you want everyone to know you're coming, it may not be the best for you.

As for a performance increase, I wouldn't say that it's particularly noticable but then I also have a Conforti CAI and shark injector, which will have a much greater performance impact.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
no way the dinan one are quiet....its being in my car for about 2 months, and it sounds perfect,,,i will try to host a video clip for my dinan ...

·
Registered
337 Posts
i heard a few other exhausts prior to getting dinan, and it's relatively 'quiet' compared to some others...well until you hit 4G+, then you hear the roar (but this is also because of CAI gulping air) :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts