BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question has anyone got one on there car hear in Aus? that can confirm that only the drivers side pipes are connected and the left hand side are blanks ???

And also of course the sound i no that its defiantly not as loud as the SS but i was after something bit louder than standard but not a annoying drone or excessive loudness over long trips!

Just seem bit disappointed if this is the case with the left hand side tips being blank! would anyone else think that is just **** effort by Dinan. I do read alot of reviews and most people are more than happy with the exhaust look and sound.

So to Dinan or Not to Dinan?? !!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The standard M3 uses a muffler that has two outlets, so from the rear of the car there are two pairs of exhaust pipes sticking out. Dinan's muffler uses only one larger, smoother outlet because he says more air is able to flow out. A dummy pair of exhaust tips retains the stock look.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/03q4/dinan_s2-m3-specialty_file

So found this article above on why they are blocked makes sense! think im liking this exhaust still thinking its the right one to go for! It has taking along time to decide between the SS & Eisenmann now the Dinan has come on top when comparing prices etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers Rajvsoa im out of town for the next month or so with work!! will let you know when im back in perth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts