BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this?

"M3 Performance Engine Software

The software provides improved performance and driveability, as well as removing the top speed governor. Dinan's Software Engineers have re-programmed the "EML" or drive-by-wire system in order to provide the driving enthusiast with moderately quicker throttle response in the "Normal" mode, as well as more linear throttle response in the "Sport" mode for improved driveability at the car's handling limit. With the top speed governor removed, the car is now capable of achieving 167 mph in fifth gear; the tall sixth gear ratio provides a "theoretical top speed" of 201 mph.

The software also raises the factory rev-limit by 150 rpm (8150 rpm) in order to provide additional road speed in each gear, as well as improved performance driveability.
49 State Emissions Legal*."

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
s4play said:
WASTE OF MONEY.....

RK
Only thing its gonna do is give you a higher potential top speed. And where, when, and how often would you be breaking 167mph anyways?

But since they give you like a 30 day money back guarantee, I guess it couldnt really hurt to try it out. But Raising the redline another 150rpm doesnt really sound like that much of a big deal.

·
Registered
425 Posts
On an M3, as sweet as they are, raising the redline might be the kiss of death.

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
A friend of mine has it; he said he felt it was worth it. It makes the throttle response a lot quicker and finely tuned (normal is like "sport" and sport is crazy) It also changes the powerband a little, making it a little more useable. Is it worth 300? I dunno. However, my dinan dealer has a money back gaurantee on stuff like that, if you dont like it they will remove it.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Put it this way If i was going to do anything to my engine (intake, software, hfm......) I would only go w/ dinan b/c of their gaurantee!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
wait till the stage 4 software comes out in march - do some searches and you will find that dinan is releasng a new package with suspension, stage 4 software, throttle bodies, etc... that takes it to 360 something...

in my case I am thinking about getting the throttle bodies and software as I have everything else already...

·
Registered
363 Posts
RyanDe680 said:
Hey fockers don't diss the software until you've been in a car with it... :flipoff:
Hey RyanDe680,
Noticed your sig. How do you like the dinan engine/tranny software. I have a step as well and am thinking about it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
get the softwear for step , worth it i think

·
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was curious if this software would counter the adaptive throttle response that the OBD2s have in the E46s...

I'd like to see a Dinan CAI / Software. Throttle body? Don't M3s have individual throttle bodies for each cylinder? So you would have to replace all 6 of them? :dunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts