BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used DINAN CF CAI for my car. When you buy it new what comes with the CAI? DOes anyonehave info on this? Also is $250 a reasonable price? He said that the filter is new. Any help would be great.:thumbup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
250 is good... should come with CF tube, Filter, Filter Sock. Mounting hardware and clamp that attaches to the MAF/ Throttle body.
Now you just need to work a deal with your Dinan tech for the Stg II software... Good Luck

·
Just Marinatin'
2,912 Posts
damn

250 is good for an aluminum CAI. The software should not be hard to get. I mean if you are going to try and get it for cheaper then good luck but otherwise don't let them give you any crap about installing it yourself. Well that is if you do because I did mine and they gave me some flack so I told them to shut the hell up and upload the software.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You could live w/o it, but your car... now that's a different story. In order to get the most out of your CAI the computer needs to know that the air comming into the MAF is different and it will adjust the mix accordingly. It makes a BIG difference IMO
MCBAR... did they download for free after you did the DIY?
Also did you buy the CAI from your dealer or used? I think if you buy it from the dealer and DIY they will still give you the Download but it you buy from a third party I doubt they will do the download @ no charge or at a discount. Why should they
:dunno:

·
Registered
129 Posts
TZ Blue is right, your OBDII engine software can handle the CAI without the Dinan software download, but then why should it have to. Your engine will adjust itself to handle the extra air, but it will not give you the performance lift you bought the CAI for, only the software download can do that.

So if you are just wanting to get it for the looks and bragging rights, don't get the software, but if you want the mod to do what it was designed to, get the software. You will not regret it!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I never heard of needing software to go along with a CAI. I simply reset the MAS after I had the CAI installed on my other car. Then again, this was on a 3G Eclipse so I guess Bimmers are different.

Do all CAIs need software downloads? Or is this only for the Dinan CAI? Oh yeah, do you have to purchase the software separately?

Thanks.
Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts