BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok is it just me or does anyone not like the sound of the Dinan intake. I hate the sound of when ever i give it just a little gas, it sounds like a squeek like a bad belt or something. And when I turn the car off, it gives a really bad noise. Is there anything anyone has done to prevent this sound?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nope, I dont think there is a way to turn the noise off. It happens with all CAI's. I have an ECIS, and the same thing happens to me as well.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Oh no! I dont want it to sound like I have a slipping fan belt. Can you post a clip of the sound. My intake is not in yet nor have I bought one, but its in the works soon!

·
Registered
530 Posts
PDACPA said:
Oh no! I dont want it to sound like I have a slipping fan belt. Can you post a clip of the sound. My intake is not in yet nor have I bought one, but its in the works soon!
dont worry man its not bad, its just annoying after a while, its not that loud, its only when you give a little gas and have the windows down, it is agressive:thumbup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
no the whistle happens with all intakes. The whistle is less intrusive with the Dinan and Benfer style intakes. The short rams with it being closer are much louder

·
Registered
205 Posts
your just gonna hear it a little bit less, since the exhaust will be installed...noise does not change tho.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish there was a way to get rid of it. O well

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
I love the whistle...it sounds like a turbo or blower is spooling up...

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
That sound is AIR, the second word in Cold Air Intake - also known as the "A."

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I like aggressive sounding and its fine when I am sticking my right foot in it, I just dont want to start the car in the driveway and have it sound like something is broken on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah the whistling can get annoying if your driving with your windows down at low speeds...so either turn up the music, or floor it....:lmao:

But the best is when your at a stop for a little bit and you turn your car off and the intake lets out that loud noise...I can't even describe it, sounds like a 95 year old man with lung cancer breathing out real quick...I love that noise...

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Ataris325Ci said:
Yeah the whistling can get annoying if your driving with your windows down at low speeds...so either turn up the music, or floor it....:lmao:

But the best is when your at a stop for a little bit and you turn your car off and the intake lets out that loud noise...I can't even describe it, sounds like a 95 year old man with lung cancer breathing out real quick...I love that noise...
i totally agree with you......
especially about the wheezing noise, i LOVE that for some reason! maybe cuz it faintly reminds me of a blow off valve.... pshhhhh... :lmao:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts