BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the actual installation directions from Dinan for their CAI? If yes, can you scan and email? Thanks

P.S.: I know there are good DIY on this site, but I really want to have a copy of the Dinan ones.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
The DIY found here was pretty accurate. I used it to install mine without a problem. :)

·
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!
2,535 Posts
Did somebody get a new toy :eeps:

·
Registered
76 Posts
It depends on wether you have Zenon lights or not. I have a 328I without the Zenons, so I only had to use two of the brackets.
The AFM bracket goes into the side wall shock tower bracket and hold's the intake hose still. (Pain in the ass to get in!!)
The Air filter Bracket goes at the bottom (Triangle shaped one) and is bolted to the bumper,wheel well, and The framerail.

I didn't use the Airfilter bracket cause your have to take off the bumper to install, and I don't have an inverted Torx wrench to take it off or know where to get one. I 've had it on for about 2 months now and it still hasn't moved or caused me any problems.
The AFM bracket holds pretty well once you get the damn thing in. If you have problems putting the AFM bracket in just pry on the bottom of the shock tower bracket, and wiggle the AFM bracket in, until the bolt come through. Hope this helps

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAI

I actually have xenons. I am going to have to take out my bumper. I am missing the AMF bracket unfortunately and the xenon ballast bracket. You don't happen to have the xenon bracket on you for me to buy ? That would be so awsome. I really appreciate the reply. :thumbup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CAI

I guess it could be installed without it as long as you have the big one down below. Do you happen to have the Dinan instructions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nope..I was searching for them when I found this thread....Dinan doesn't have them on their website or provide a contact email either...

·
Registered
582 Posts
My kit is missing the Xenon Headlight bracket. Does anyone know a work-around for that? I doesn't look like a "showstopper" by any stretch, but any additional knowledge is appreciated.
Thx!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Oh, and once I find an alternative to my f*cked up scanner, I can put the Dinan instructions out there as I have them. I just need that damn Xenon ballast bracket!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think I might have the instructions in my toolbox at work. I will check Mooooonday.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CAI

That would be great to have an actual copy of the Dinan instructions. Thanks guys for your help.:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts