BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just got my dinan badge from the dealer, well i didnt just get it, i got it saturday. How do i put it on with out it being sligthly crooked?? i dont even want it to be a cm off., any help?:dunno:

the reason i didnt have the dealer put it on is because they were really busy and i didnt make an appointment.

Happy Holidays

J.R.

·
yuppie racing
1,919 Posts
maybe you can measure exactly how many inches you want it from the lid at each corner of the badge. Mark off those spots with small pieces of masking tape. place the badge on, and then remove the tape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m,
bmwti said:
maybe you can measure exactly how many inches you want it from the lid at each corner of the badge. Mark off those spots with small pieces of masking tape. place the badge on, and then remove the tape.
how do i know it will be perfect? i dont want any space, should i just take the car to the dealer and have tehm install it, i really dont have time with my work schedule:dunno: , how does the dealer do it,

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
pin the badge on the car. have a friend spin u 10 times blindfolded and then peel off the backing and give it your best shot. it turns out perfect every time

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
I was gonna say pull some masking tape accross the entire trunk and have the top line up w/ ur 330 badge...then leave the tape there and replace the 330 w/ the dinan

·
Chilly Willy
1,837 Posts
CYBER PETE said:
Better yet...get a ruler and place it on the bottom of your 330ci badge. Get something that will wash off and trace a line right under the 330. Remove the 330 and the level line will still be there.

damn why didnt i think of that, wow...i am just getting dumber and dumber as the year go by :eek: , thanks cyber pete

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will attempt this as soon as i get home, with the ruler i dont want to spend money on a level. Ill post pictures, wish me luck:thumbup:

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
doesn't the badge come with instructions on where to measure, how far from each side, etc? mine did.

aaron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts