BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I had seen this (i flipped through most of the old Dinan threads), but I had called my Dinan rep to see if he could find me a Carbon Fiber CAI since the new ones come with the flat black. A fellow E46er has one, but I would not earn the points towards a badge if I bought it from him. Even having the Dinan guy install it, since it was a customer provided part, it would not qualify. They do not want guys getting badged, then taking the stuff off (say when buying a new car and parting it out) and selling it and someone else going in for a badge.

Just some info for any Dinan or interested Dinan guys.

(I lost mypoint for the carbon fiber engine cover, but it still looks good in my opinion).

No flames for using Dinan! I have tons of warranty and full maintenance and do not want the uphill battle of proving my mod did not cause the issue. If i was out of warranty, a different ballgame!

·
INDEED
1,144 Posts
your topic is not related to your post AT ALL.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, someone edit it to say If you want to earn Dinan badge points buy direct.

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
364 Posts
Just buy a Dinan badge on Ebay and slap it on....... the HP increase will be about the same and you will save yourself a ton on money.

·
Resident CF Whore
2,880 Posts
Or buy all the 10 pts. worth of dinan stuff for cheap off the forum or ebay and buy the badge too...
It'll still be cheaper than buying direct from dinan or dinan retailer.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$300 for the auto tranny software or the fuel rail cover are two items for 1 point.

$2800 for a full 10 points is the minimum means of getting a badge but this leaves you with no suspension or exhaust upgrade and those are going to run you another $2k.

I knew the Dinan flames were coming out, but just wanted to let people know that if you wanted the badge, make sure you buy direct or you will not get it.

Secondly, the Dinan stuff is higher priced and not as much bang for the buck, but I can tell you the auto tranny software and stage 1 is a noticeable difference (no HP increase, but more responsive) and I do not have to worry about the dealer claiming my mod caused the problem and not getting some other expensive part replaced at no cost or fighting the uphill battle of "proving" that my mod was not the cause.

If I was out of warranty, I would not go the Dinan route.

·
Registered
970 Posts
you don't have warranty
you have a DINAN warranty

if you had gotten renn, you woulda had a RENNsport warranty

BMW warranty = bye bye
unless your dinan is the same as your dealer in which case they might overlook... but any case.. you have no warranty from BMW NA anymore. sorry to let you know

-burrito

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
i say buy the cover from our brother

and then just buy the badge. dinann just wants to have very body buy from them. so they are saying that if you buy a dinann part from someone it does not count. but it is the same part that they sell. if you show your car no body is going to know where it came from. so if you want to save some money i say to buy from
the fanatic and screw dinann and buy a badge from who ever is selling it. the bottom line is you are saving money.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Dinan Rep and installer is my BMW Dealer and you are technically correct. Dinan has a warranty that runs parallel to the BMW Warranty. Dinan is the only BMW authorized aftermarket mods company and my Dinan work is billed and paid directly to my dealer. They even give me a nice discount on it.

You are correct Bob and I did buy some Dinan stuff from a fellow E46er (and will pick up some other items that way to save the cash) but I will earn the badge with the mods I do buy direct. I even asked the Dinan rep if I meet the qualifications, if I can get Dinan to give me a signature series number (simply for resale purposes) and he is checking into it.

I have dealt with warranties from other manufactures and car dealers who do not want to honor them or claim no coverage and this is why the Dinan is the way to go for me.

Like I said earlier, with no warranty and full maintenance, I would be going with other products and more DIY since I am capable of it (like I do on my 911).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wait a minute.
I contacted BMW of Towson on this vary matter.
They said as long as you have the original recipt you can count those points.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Dinan guy said you had to have the receipt to show proof of purchase. I bought them from a fellow E46er and got no receipt. I suppose I could ask for him to find his original, but not sure that would count since its not in my name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts