E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally this week im compleating my car with the dinan throttle body and exaust. now ill have the 10 points i need to get the badge. the only problem is im still thirsty for more power! anyone have any ideas on what i can do to my engine to get more power? thanks in adavnce

·
Registered
0 Posts
congrats man, im sure your car is amazing enough as it is. save up your moeny for a new one and start all over!

·
Registered
149 Posts
ess supercharger, I'm doing it, peer presures a *****

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a supercharger would be nice, lol but i dont have that kinda cash:cry:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
badge?

do u guys think i should put my dinan 3 badge on, or just leave it the way it is? lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yeah good idea, i might consider that

·
Oaf
915 Posts
Re: Re: badge?

g2go1818 said:

Sell it to idiots on ebay, and make a nice 300 dollar profit:thumbup:
Better yet, reverse-engineer that phucker and machine a bunch of em. That supercharger is within easy reach :D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
congtr nice going i am following you

i call up dinan and i spoke to one of their rep. he told me that for my car. they are coming out in a couple of months with a higher rear end gear. a 391 compared to 364 for the m3. i don't know about your model. you should call them up the dinan co. and speak to a rep. he can tell you better than the dealer i found out.

but i am happy for you. you have to let me know where you live.
so i won't race you with what you have. you could take my stock m3 i would think. see me in a few months after i put some goodies in my car lollllllll

but injoy it you earn it bro
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
help the ignorant/naive out... whats a pulley? what does it do? thanks, i know its dumb, but i honestly dont know

·
Registered
74 Posts
What mod's have you done??
I've had my Dinan 3 badge for a bit now (I did put it on the trunk, opposite side from the 330ci badge - looks great) and next week Dinan's differential with modified gears are going in. They are guessing should drop my 0-60 under 5 seconds!! I guess we'll just see on that. :yikes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
iv have the CAI, stage II softwear, auto transmission softwear, and im having my thottle body, stage III softwear and exaust installed this week. i wish i had gotten a 5 sp, no diff modding for me :cry: :ben:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Jimmer said:
next week Dinan's differential with modified gears are going in. They are guessing should drop my 0-60 under 5 seconds!! I guess we'll just see on that. :yikes:
That's what I want next!

And congrats Mark on your Dinan completion! I think that you should put it on. :thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol all i need now is a full hamann add-on and some pg3s and my car will be finished!!!:thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Pulleys? They are exactly what the word is...the round circular..well.pulleys...aftermarket pulleys replace your stock alternator, water pump, crank, and power steering. They are lighter than your factory..and look a lot cooler...

As far as the performance goes, there are mixed reviews...for what they cost, you will notice a slight difference in performance. The performance itself comes from two different reason:

A) The pulleys are lighter. There is an average of 2.7 HP gained from every pound lost off the crank shaft. With the lighter pulleys, about 15% to 30% more power can be found. 85% of gains come from the weight loss!

B) The rest of the gain is from underdriving. Underdriving is reducing the diameter of the crank pulley. This tends to reduce drain on the crank by the various accessory pulleys.
Since the pulleys are smaller, the belts become a bit longer. Underdriving is not generally the greatest thing in the world for the car...and the performance benefit again is more from the weight loss.

That said, a set of pulleys can be a pretty nice mod...not horribly expensive as a set can cost anywhere for 300-500 bucks. Not any worse than, say, a Dinan Intake...and probably a bit more performance. That and they look really cool!

If you want a nice different mod, go for it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think with Dinan, for now, you've done all you can do. But, the tower braces do make quite the difference in handling. I know Dinan is in the process of testing the supercharger for the 330's and should be out next year. :thumbup: If you have a warranty be careful, I believe Dinan is the only one authorized by BMW.

·
Registered
150 Posts
mark330ci said:
finally this week im compleating my car with the dinan throttle body and exaust. now ill have the 10 points i need to get the badge. the only problem is im still thirsty for more power! anyone have any ideas on what i can do to my engine to get more power? thanks in adavnce
ive been thinking about getting the TB, how is it? can you feel any difference?

BTW I have my badge on the back of the trunk it looks sweet, and for how much money i spent on earning it you bet ill mount it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts