BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody switch the bulbs behind the speedometer.gas.etc on the dash, to light up diffrent then orange without switching the gauges? please post some pics I think the blue like the VW look really good at night

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Never thought of that...

But would like to know too!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
yes, it can be done.

I have a pic of someone did it. Let me try and dig it up and post it up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
yea it can be done by changing the LED lights. But there are like 40 lights that make up the color. And sodering them in perfectly would be imposable. Many of them are so hard to get to that you would need to take the whole thing apart. And if you messed it up, you would need a whole new gauge and reprogrammed by BMW. I had like 6 little LED sodered on my cell phone. It cost me $20 for the lights and $20 for the install. I would hate to know what it would cost to buy lights and install on something like that. And I just wouldn’t trust anyone with it. After all a new cluster is like $500.

I think the blue looks like ****. Blue is for VW. Amber is BMW. You don't want people mistaking your car for a jetta.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow sounds like its gonna cost some $$$ i thought it might just be a few...I wonder how the indiglow and the other dont turn orange then.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts