BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I believe the slash series uses RIPS power management to deliver constant power regardless of speaker impedence, whereas E does not. Also, there are several equalization settings that slash has (24db / octave active crossover, better bass boost settings, preamp options) and E does not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's really alot of features, not SQ

In terms of circuitry, there's not too much difference- the architecture is the same, so SQ difference is negligible. The slashes have alot of nice features, to much greater extent than the E's- for instance crossovers and overall adjustability. Also, the regulators are inherently better with the slashes too - but alot depends on your application

I'm having the same hard time you are, deciding on which multi-channel amp to do my system with

it's either gonna be an E6450 or 500/5
I'm also considering staying loyal to a/d/s/ with a P650 or perhaps a PPI 5800...

Whatever you do, it is critical to remember that a/d/s/ and PPI are NOT- NOT- NOOOTTTTTTT what they used to be- since they were bought, PPI is no where close to the older artist-series quality. Same for P series a/d/s/ =- altohugh, I must admit, the PH30 is a sick amp- I'd still take the older powerplates tho.

Boston Accousics is making an impressive line of amps- SQ wise, they're killer- the JLas comparable- you get a tad less SQ, but definitely more power and punch... hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts