BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a list of the differences somewhere- i've searched and haven't found what i'm lookin for. i know about the cams, rims, exhaust, body kit, but i'm tryin to show my dad so hopefully he'll go with the zhp! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

·
Registered
14,798 Posts
wow...holy :search: batman

with that out of the way welcome to the forums and their is such a difference between a zhp and a 330i it boggles the mind :drool:

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get one from a dealer with CPO Warranty and extended Maintainance Agreement. Read the threads for recurring issues with ZHP's --- a really good idea as being an "enthusiast" will cost $$$ for repairs and maintenance (Vanos, DISA valve, abnormal wear to camshafts, cam bearings, lifters, valve guides, etc.). If not taking the CPO/extended warranty/maintenance agreement route, better find a good and reasonable "indee" in your area.

Heard the BMW/Nissan dealer in your area (SLO) is questionable. I have avoided dealing with the outfit. I have relatives in the Los Osos area so am aware of the dealer's reputation, or the lack thereof.

Otherwise, it is a great vehicle! Mine is back with the dealer for an extended stay to find out the cause of excess oil consumption (dealer-confirmed 600 to 700 miles per quart with no signs of leakage nor burning through the exhaust). Still has not affected my affection of how the car performs. Plan to keep it inspite of its shortcomings.

PS - Should try 41 between Morro Bay and Atascadero (a piece of cake!) and, Turri Road when the cyclists are not on the road, for a nice shakedown ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys.... reaaaaal funny. just tryin to say hey.... i know all about 41 and turri.... for a local tip try old creek between cayucous and paso robles. the best one around by far!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts