E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there all. I have been seeing a lot of 3ers on the road latley and I am getting so confused as to the bumper styles that were used by bmw and what years they were (for e46). Can someone enlighten me?

THANKS

AdamR

·
Registered
460 Posts
*updated* i looked up picks..

uhm.. pretty much all the sedans have the same boring front bumper for all years... then 02+ got the light facelift... but bumper i think is still pretty much the same...

the coupes are the ones that are different..
the new coupes with sports package have the front bumper that kinda looks like ^==^ on the bottom part..

the previous coupes sports package had like this mesh grill with i think 2 titanium inserts horizontal (or maybe that's the rear).. . kinda looked like 0===0... by far my favorite sports package front.. the rear looks similar.. i think that was actually m-tek 1... but here's what it looks like.. and i think there's a bunch of different variations of this bumper... but the only difference is the way in which the middle part is styled..
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showphoto.php?photo=13063&papass=&sort=1&thecat=502

and of course there's the mtek-2 style.. which is the one that looks similar to the m3/m5 bumper but the dtm h-style spoiler.. as opposed to straight across...

·
Registered
460 Posts
i'm trying to find a pic of the same front my friend has.. the only pics I have of his car are a side shots.. but his is that sport package that looks like 0===0.. but it's different than the one i posted the link to... his looks a lot better.. i think he said it was the euro sport package... still looking...

*update*

oops.. silly me.. forgot about my own pics.. my ZHP... mtek 2 front bumper..
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showphoto.php?photo=14691&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

·
Registered
460 Posts
that's the one I was referring to that looks like 0===0 with the titanium inserts.. that's the one that's fooling me.. cause on some cars the trim has body colored paint and others has them titanium color.. and even others has a mix of titanium and body color.... that's probably my favorite sports package front.... of course until the mtek 2 came out.. but then again.. in the US that's not a sports package kit.. .

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also seem to remember one that has like a rectangle with mesh in the center.... Do you know what I am talking about?

AdamR

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This is not my car but what mine looks like except with steel gray.

My car is a 2002 330 Ci with just the sport package no premium.

I have seen cars with this same front bumper, but it does not have the different color grill and horizontal pieces that are sort of silver in color. They are either black or the same color of the car.

Will post others as I see them in the gallery.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Here is an M-Tech (which I believe you can order through the dealer as a direct bolt on replacment).

Oh and just so you know, the stock bumper can be made to look different with pieces called "add-ons" that are attached to the lower portion of the stock bumper. Some are attached with adhesive and some guys pay to the the part "molded" to the stock bumper so it looks as though it came that way.

Anyone out there correct me if I am giving bad answers, I have just figured this stuff out in my search for what I want to do with my stock bumper.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
digital...the pic u posted is what mine looks like which is a coupe with the sports package only. I really like the differnt color trim inside it as it makes it stand out more. I answered it at the same time with the picture i posted right after your posting.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,918 Posts
I got my 330i with the sport package bumper. W/o the sp, it would have the plain bumper w/ the pinhole foglights. Keep in mind i have the rieger add-on too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts