BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my car used and the key didnt work to open the door when you press the button. So im thinking great, a new key is like 150 bucks. So went to the dealer and before you order a new key try this. Stick the key in the ignition, switch it to the on position but dont turn on the car. Wait like 3 seconds turn key to the off position, pull the key out, hold the door open button down and press the door lock buttoon three times and that will reprogram the key to your car. The dealer did it right in front of me and it worked! so if your key doesnt work give that a try!

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
if you just got your bimmer and want to know other cool stuff it does, seach "easter eggs" on this forum

·
Registered
466 Posts
good to know... "EASTER EGGS"

·
Banned
263 Posts
My key didnt work. I tried your trick at the dealer and that failed as well. I had to order the new key from some underground lair in Germany. Yes it was $150 and that was a hookup too because I knew the guy at the dealership.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about multiple keys

Hi,
Has anyone tried this with two keys? On my '06 M3 it just recognizes the last key you program this way. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts