BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

?

• Ordered mine

Votes: 94 67.6%
  • Bought off the lot

Votes: 45 32.4%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm ordering it via Euro Delivery.

ordering seems to be the ONLY way to even get a manual transmission in these so-called 'ultimate driving machines' these days. :eek:

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,434 Posts
so long as I'm in the fortunate position to do so, I will always order my car(s). Even if they have exactly what I'm looking for on the lot, there's really something about the experience of piecing together your own automobile and the anticipation of the arrival:thumbup:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Matthew78 said:
i'm ordering it via Euro Delivery.

ordering seems to be the ONLY way to even get a manual transmission in these so-called 'ultimate driving machines' these days. :eek:
They actually had the almost exact car I wanted ont eh lot in stick too, but it didnt have premium package or else I would have a Jet black, on black 330ci. :yikes:

·
Registered
507 Posts
mc said:
so long as I'm in the fortunate position to do so, I will always order my car(s). Even if they have exactly what I'm looking for on the lot, there's really something about the experience of piecing together your own automobile and the anticipation of the arrival:thumbup:
:dunno: That makes no sense. Let's see, with BMW's you order, pay full boat since the dealer doesn't have the car, and you get to wait a minimum of 6 weeks to get it?

I ordered my last car ONLY because the 330 wasn't out yet. The wait was horrible and the dealer cut me very little slack on a new model. I would never comprimise on a car that cost 40k, but if they had exactly what I wanted on the lot, I negotiate like crazy and use the difference for mods! A dealer will almost never do as good on a car they have to order or trade for.

·
Oaf
941 Posts
I have zero patience - it's a character flaw. However, I was perfectly willing to compromise on an (unimportant to me) option here or there - like HK or nav. So I was pretty sure I was going to buy something I liked off the lot.

btw, my dealer had just as many manuals as it did steps in stock

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jano said:

:dunno: That makes no sense. Let's see, with BMW's you order, pay full boat since the dealer doesn't have the car, and you get to wait a minimum of 6 weeks to get it?

I ordered my last car ONLY because the 330 wasn't out yet. The wait was horrible and the dealer cut me very little slack on a new model. I would never comprimise on a car that cost 40k, but if they had exactly what I wanted on the lot, I negotiate like crazy and use the difference for mods! A dealer will almost never do as good on a car they have to order or trade for.
yeah, i agree that if the dealer has to trade for a car, they will be less likely to discount, but with orders it really makes no difference. if anything, it should be beneficial for them, since they don't have to allocate storage space for the car cuz as soon as it comes in, it's sold.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ordered mine since I wanted a non-standard color combination and to get a 5-speed. Since we were going to Europe already the Euro Delivery program made sense and driving the car in the Swiss Alps was a blast.

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
man if i ordered my car i would have gotten a steel grey 330ci sports. prem. xenons. heated seats. hk

but i bought mine off the lot, alpine white 330i with prem package xenons hk

oh well i still love my car. most def...

·
E46 FANATIK
524 Posts
order...

theres wasnt a single 5 speed silver 325ci on the lot...actually ZERO 325/330 stick cars. i had to test drive an auto...and take my chances that the stick would be to my liking

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
Always ORDERING !:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Matthew78 said:
very true. none of the two dealers here in denver had stick.

·
or is it just you?
606 Posts
They found what I wanted already on the boat coming to Cali so they did a dealer trade right at the port and brought it right up to me!

·
Banned
966 Posts
Luckily the dealership had almost the exact car I wanted. All it was missing were xenons and I didn't want to wait 4 months for them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
fonzer said:
order...

theres wasnt a single 5 speed silver 325ci on the lot...actually ZERO 325/330 stick cars. i had to test drive an auto...and take my chances that the stick would be to my liking
boy ain't that the truth...............

1 - 20 of 47 Posts