BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
http://www.adac.de

German Autobahn homepage... it is only on some parts you can drive as fast as you can. But when ever it comes up one Ausfart it will be restricted on those parts as well. Trust me i travel 6 times every year on Autobahn on my way down to Italy.

·
wah wah wah
2,725 Posts
yup most of it is restricted but there are still some parts unrestricted but most of the time there is traffic there so u cant really "open" it up there either:sad:

·
Registered
103 Posts
during the night you can go really fast
:) not so heavy traffic.... the weekend is the best, there is no trucks couse the are forbiden to travel on the road *i like*

·
wah wah wah
2,725 Posts
still worth goin just gotta find the spots and crashnet2000 i know i like it at night but during the day good luck trying to go fast:lmao::lmao:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I wish we had a system like that where cars could be rated for their speed capabilites and drivers could get special license to go in lanes that had a higher speedlimit, say 110 or 100 even. Could use EZ-Pass type unit to verify the car and driver. I would liek that, I wish my world would become the real world :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
the top speed for year 2002 first trip down was 278km/h in a black AMG :) second trip in my 328 only 218km/h becouse som idiot changed lanes !!! almost crashed my car in to him.. Autobahn is a crazy ride, you will need to have fully open eyes on the road all the time if you gone go fast.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
MillsBims said:
haha, that'd be sick tpzblue... get a certain type of drivers licence or something...

I'd love to be able to just go in the far left lane with like Porsches, MB's,Audi's, and BMW's going triple digits...

Eric

Yup no falling apart Civics or big trucks to get in yoru way, or the Mom in the SUV on her cellphone switching lanes all over the place at 80+mph

·
wah wah wah
2,725 Posts
ull be goin 150+ with high beams flashing from far away and u better get ur slow *** out the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I read an autobahn page and it says it has "recomended" speed limits

·
Registered
644 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:
I wish we had a system like that where cars could be rated for their speed capabilites and drivers could get special license to go in lanes that had a higher speedlimit, say 110 or 100 even. Could use EZ-Pass type unit to verify the car and driver. I would liek that, I wish my world would become the real world :D
In my world, people without the special license would be taking the bus :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
recomended means that you follow what it says on the signs. The parts with free speed have signs that will turn on and give a recomended speed if the weather is poor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts