BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Did you buy your car knowing you'd mod it?

• Yes

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 54.1%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
I bought mine, than later on after looking up ways to mod my car, I found this place... boy has my wallet suffered :D

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
yes, just cuz I've always been into cars, and into modding, I knew I was gonna mod any car I got, I just didn't plan on spending all this money

·
Believe it!!!
846 Posts
I have to say No.... Modding a BMW isnt cheap... Maybe after i finish my car payments....

I have added everything up, so far:

OEM M68's $900
OEM Clears $350
17" Tires $700
Euro Plates $ 40
Gauge Rings $ 40
Exhaust Tips $ 35
9006 Bulbs $ 30

Debadge FREE

That seems to be it for now... have no budget to MOD.

·
Registered
902 Posts
When I bought my car I had no intention of modding it. Short of putting some silvervisions, maybe rims down the road, floor mats and a license plate holder, what more could I ask for from my car? Its already the ultimate driving machine. I suppose I could throw on cams or whatever, but the problem is that once you throw all that money in parts into a car, you'll never see it back.

·
Almost stock
729 Posts
Geeze, i bought the car thinking "wow, I'm already paying so much for a car, I can't imagine needing to mod it"

It started with clear corners... Then it went all down hill from there. :lmao:

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
I had a ricer before... what do you expect... this is way more f'in expensive tho... :banghead:

Q

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
I knew i'd be modding...its an addiction, if i would have gotten an audi it would be teh same thing..its not the car that makes you mod its the disease....we all have it

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
47,771 Posts
I only planned on getting clears and tint, then found this site while searching for tail lights, and got the mod bug BAD!!

·
ouroboros autorotica
1,446 Posts
Thats why I bought the car the way I did. I was buying mods for the car the day I put in the order, never mind that it was gonna take 4 months to get built and to the US.

Ofcourse, I have always bought cars with the intention of modding them.

rob

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
i was only thinking about clear lenses, but that's about it.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,528 Posts
Tinting -- that was going to be the extent of the mods... then someone mentioned the egg yolk effect... then I saw some nice rims (still on my to-do list)... then I saw the sliding tray, and someone posted a link to a site that sold hyperwhite interior lights. I then ran across silver gauge rings (on their way), and of course Umnitza's sigs turned me onto the DDE direction as well (also 'to-do)... I've already allocated my entire 2003 tax-return and it's only December!

My bank account has diarrhea... :lmao:

·
TiAg 330i
567 Posts
it's all because of this site... :rolleyes: i know bimmers are nice and very good car already. had no intention of modding until i come across this site. so far, i spent about $3k, and have some big plans coming. i thought i wouldn't spend any more $ after getting a 330 instead of 325. :D

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
With my first 330, NO. All I was going to do was clears and tint. Then found this site, and lowered my car a few days later. And it kept going.

With this car, i had the intentions of modding it cause i just couldn't stand a stock bimmer anymore. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts