BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, some might hate me for this post but here goes. I am very happy with my new car. I have had nothing but good things to say about BMW's in general. Since I have recieved my car I have also looked at the g35 sedan and the is300. THey both are about the same price if not cheaper and have more hp. Did I make the right decision? I just wish my car had about 20 to 30 more hp. I just didn't have the money to get a 330.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
if you wanted a fast car, you made the wrong decision
if you wanted the nicest driving car, you made the right decision

depends on what you were looking for in a car...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know, but did I get the "best" overall car? I guess that is the question I am asking myself.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Just take it to an autocross and it won't seem slow anymore.

A few upgrades won't hurt either (intake, chip, whatever).

dave

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea that is what I was thinking. Upgrades should be coming soon. I should notice a pretty good power increase if I do a few things like intake, chip, and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
mdowg10 said:
So guys, some might hate me for this post but here goes. I am very happy with my new car. I have had nothing but good things to say about BMW's in general. Since I have recieved my car I have also looked at the g35 sedan and the is300. THey both are about the same price if not cheaper and have more hp. Did I make the right decision? I just wish my car had about 20 to 30 more hp. I just didn't have the money to get a 330.
The G35 & IS300 cost about the same as the 325i & APPEAR to have much more hp, torque.

1/4 mile times show the IS300 isn't really faster than the 325i (assuming both manual). Keep in mind that several other things besides factory-rated hp, torque play a role: weight, drivetrain efficiency, powerband, & gear ratios.

The G35 is a lot faster than the 325i, but not as much as you'd expect given its supposed 76 hp edge.

Of the three cars, the 325i has the best interior fit & finish.

Also, it comes w/ free full maintenance. On the G35 & IS300, they'll pay at least $1K US in scheduled maintenance alone, not accounting for "wear & tear" parts (whereas BMW's free FULL maintenance does cover "wear & tear" ie brakes).

The IS300 was the best choice for MY needs, I don't necessarily feel it is a better car for others' needs.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
spend 5000 more on supercharger and you should have exactly what you need. plus the pimp factor of havin a bmw

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
bmw cars are better

all around cars. for sport, finish,lux. just very thing in making a
car. if you want it faster spend around 5,000 more and get a s/c
that will bring your car up to the perf. level that you want.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm sorry but the G35 sedan is one of the ugliest cars on the road. Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of the G35 Coupe, but the sedan is just hideous! Good choice on the 325 in my opinion.

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
I hope u meant to say the G-35 coupe...........the sedan is ugly........even i might be getting the coupe instead.....in general the 325's are very underpowered, only other option is S/C'ng it but not many of us can deal with maintanance issues on that if anything goes wrong

·
Registered
109 Posts
You made the right choice! :thumb:

IS300 and G35 are not BMW quality. They have more HP than the BMW because they have sacrificed luxury and quality for that extra power. Down the years, you will see them as any ordinary cars driving down the road. Example: I see 3+ year Lexus and Audis and other "so-called" near luxury brand cars that just don't give me the "WOW" impression. But driving past a 3+ year BMW, I still glance and stare at the design and the way it flows down the road.

I wouldn't have it any other way. 325 or 330, they both are still brilliant.

·
Loves cookies
1,879 Posts
BmW4Ever330ci said:
You made the right choice! :thumb:

IS300 and G35 are not BMW quality. They have more HP than the BMW because they have sacrificed luxury and quality for that extra power. Down the years, you will see them as any ordinary cars driving down the road. Example: I see 3+ year Lexus and Audis and other "so-called" near luxury brand cars that just don't give me the "WOW" impression. But driving past a 3+ year BMW, I still glance and stare at the design and the way it flows down the road.

I wouldn't have it any other way. 325 or 330, they both are still brilliant.

Took the words right out of my mouth, well said.:thumbup:

·
Loves cookies
1,879 Posts
G35's are butt ugly to me, plus i saw one the other day with a doughnut tire as a spare(so thats why they're so cheap), plus they are more popluar than E46 coupes here where i live so i think you made the right choice. The 325 with the manual tranny is just fine, it will get you through town or city with ease and in some cases faster. To me its not the fastest or best performer but it has the best balance of looks,performance,handling,luxury,safety, craftmanship,engineering and of course cool points. Now start modding and quit second guessing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts