E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 2002 325i BMW business CD radio.

Issue: I just installed the bmw auxillary kit (Part #: 82 11 0 149 389) and the install went great, however went to test it out and my radio wont come up with an aux mode. did some reading and read somewhere that these are for 03+. is this true and did i just waste the last hour? If not what are some things i can do to trouble shoot. Ive checked all connections and it seems hooked up just fine. any help helps!

Thanks,
Uninc

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
Car: 2002 325i BMW business CD radio.

Issue: I just installed the bmw auxillary kit (Part #: 82 11 0 149 389) and the install went great, however went to test it out and my radio wont come up with an aux mode. did some reading and read somewhere that these are for 03+. is this true and did i just waste the last hour? If not what are some things i can do to trouble shoot. Ive checked all connections and it seems hooked up just fine. any help helps!

Thanks,
Uninc

2003+ only. Your 2002, despite having the mode button, will not work.

The good news is you can direct swap your radio with a 2003+ one in about 15 minutes and that AUX adapter will work.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone want to trade??:eeps: thanks for the response even though was not what i was wanting to hear, how much do those radios run?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome, so only another 150 or so! better than i thought! thanks alot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts