E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had gotten the Viper 791XV remote start & alarm with the perimeter sensor and the guy charged me $780.00 I do live in NY where everything is always a little more. This alarm is the one with the interactive display on the remote. I know I should have shopped around a little bit. But it was an impulse buy. The guy said he could do it the next day so I said sure. Do you think I got ripped off?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I believe so but not sure, in best buy the whole thing comes to around 600 installed, but on ebay I have seen the whole kit for 233.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Holy Crap!!!!! You really got ripped off....... My friend has the exact same alarm with the password code feature for $300 installed on his Ram

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,862 Posts
Crack smokin on both ends of the spectrum, typical pricing for that alarm installed should be around $500 or so..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea, they probably charged you more because you drive a bmw...they will tell you that your door lock setup is going to cost more for the keyless entry...etc....same on benzes and most german cars...but u did pay too much...I would say no more than 600

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys... I am not going to let it bother me. So I guess I did get ripped off for around $200.00 I guess there is nothing I can do about it. I will just tell my friends and other people not to go there to get any work done. That shop owner is a loser. :thumbdwn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts