Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Only during weekends/seasons/short time

Votes: 4 10.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whether people here are driving their BMWs in college or leaving them at home...I'm a little hesitant about bringing my M3 to school, especially with the New England winters. And I'll end up being the only one with a M3 in my school. While I live off campus, I still experienced haters/drunk college student even with my 97 Eclipse (one day I found FOOTPRINTS on the HOOD of my car...apparently someone walked over my car. :banghead: )

I'm thinking of driving my Eclipse in college, rather than sell it, but that'd be undermining the point of getting a BMW in the first place...

How do you guys manage your cars in college?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
do yourself a favor and take the eclipse to school.....something is bound to happen to the M when some drunk @sshole walks by it

·
Registered
101 Posts
If youre going to a baller school, bring your car, you'll fit right in. If youre going to a state school forget it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i drive mine to wentworth everyday...when the snow hits though, i take the silverado...it's not worth driving in the snow with my car, nevermind an m3. but as long as you got a good place to park, i don't see why you wouldn't want to drive in everyday

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
I drive my car...

Q

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
I drive my car... but I have no choice...

Q

·
I know all about that...
2,250 Posts
///M3Matt said:
do yourself a favor and take the eclipse to school.....something is bound to happen to the M when some drunk @sshole walks by it
I agree, I brought my expedition and left my car at home. I only bring it occasionally on the weekends when I go out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would suggest not bringing it up, i brought mine up for a month or so, and it got f*cked up! Just like dings on the doors and stuff, just stick with the eclips!

·
Conceited Prick
2,135 Posts
I've never had any problems. I drive to school for class, then leave. I don't live there or talk to anyone. I don't know them and they don't know me. I pretty much have the nicest car at school and keep to myself. But I'm 26 so it's just as easy for them to think I'm a professor.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i'd reconsider taking it to a baller school like Tabula said...last week at USC someone broke into my cousins acura cl-s and jacked his clarion screen and other sh*t in the car in the schoo parking lot in broad daylight...so becareful w/ your cars at school

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I go to a State school...so it'll be even worse...I think I'll just bring up the M for a month or two during spring time...This sucks...that means I can't pimp it for too long...lol

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
i got to a state school as well. i lve off capus at the fraternity house and park in the garage that we have here. i drive to campus and park in a lot everyday..i try to keep away from other cars but sometimes it is impossible...ther are not many "nice" cars on my campus but i have not had a probelm with haters ever, either on campus or off campus.. take it to school for the warm months, drive the beater in the cold months and have the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In Boston, yes, especially Boston Univ, there are tons of expensive cars. Unfortunately I'm going to school in UMass Amherst (western Mass...middle of nowhere), and my folks moved outa Boston so I can't even keep my car in Boston and use it on the weekends...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts