BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i let discount "fix a flat" on one of my tires, i have noticed a humming from one or more of my tires/wheels. you can hear the rotation of the tire. esp wheni turn slightly in one direction, it becomes much louder. any ideas please? i have checked all the tread for rocks stuck in it.... nothing....

·
Registered
128 Posts
after i let discount "fix a flat" on one of my tires, i have noticed a humming from one or more of my tires/wheels. you can hear the rotation of the tire. esp wheni turn slightly in one direction, it becomes much louder. any ideas please? i have checked all the tread for rocks stuck in it.... nothing....
Your description sounds like a wheel bearing is going bad. When it makes the noise while turning, does it do it turning both directions or just one?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i appreciate the help. no low tire tread... all 4 new tires. im semi-convinced it had to be something that Discount did to my wheel/tire.....

·
Registered
523 Posts
wheel bearing guaranteed..happened to mine after i got new tires put on at volvo...bmw changed the bearing and hub under warranty

·
Registered
523 Posts
is it not coming from one side...whip your car around in a parking lot a few times or when you slightly turn on when going 45+ you should be able to tell

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts