E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out from a friend that this "tornado" piece of metal will make the air go through the pipe alot faster. He said he is using this on every car he had and not only improves performance but saves gas too.

I think $70 is little to much (probably you can make it yourself)

What do you guys think

Oh here is a link

http://www.tornadoair.com/what_is_it_.htm

:dunno:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well listen to this

I know this from school experiment

Get a bottle full of water (beer bottle is ok) then turn it upside down and count how many seconds it takes to get it empty.

Now try tornado style

Fill the bottle again with the same amount of water, but when you turn it upside down quickly turn in small circles, simply creating a little tornado inside.
Dont forget to count which one takes less, to get it empty.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: Well listen to this

andy325 said:
I know this from school experiment

Get a bottle full of water (beer bottle is ok) then turn it upside down and count how many seconds it takes to get it empty.

Now try tornado style

Fill the bottle again with the same amount of water, but when you turn it upside down quickly turn in small circles, simply creating a little tornado inside.
Dont forget to count which one takes less, to get it empty.

:thumbup:
Yeah, but that has to do with the fact that the bottle is sealed on one end and only has one opening. Normally, the air going in (intake) and the water coming out (exhaust) have to share the same opening, by taking turns (glug, glug, glug)

Going tornado style allows the water to always come out the edges of the opening while the air can enter through the middle - Thus sharing the same opening.

This analogy does not apply to an automobile engine, because the intake and exhaust do not share the same opening.

ps. try the 'tornado' bottle experiment with a bottle with a hole cut in one end. :thumbup:

Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts