E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I know you have probably had this question before but i thought i would ask it because i couldn't really find much online about it. I know that the DICE system is full of issues but hopefully you can help me. I have a 323i e46 with a DICE silverline pro and an 2002 Business CD stereo.

The problem is:
- When the car is in neutral and my iPod is connected i always get a hiss noise (static like noise). This gets very annoying when you are listening to music. Once i drive away and change gear the noise goes away. Once you unplug the connectors from the DICE box the noise goes away for a few days but then it comes back. I have taped the cables in because i thought it was a loose connection but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Any possible way to stop this :censor: noise?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
sounds like it hasn't been wired correctly as it is source dependant. look over the wiring thoroughly, make sure its been earthed correctly. if u have the trunk interface, did u run the cables down the left or right of the car??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the trunk interface, i ran the wires down the left hand side of the car to the back of the glove box. I just connected the wires like the youtube videos showed from bavsound.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
sounds okay, but obviously its not. if the hiss happened with the radio, dice and cd, it would be a different story, but as its only the C+dice, that is obviously where the problem lies. have it looked at by a professional installer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts