BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ordered a DICE from EAS on Monday night, it was on my doorstep when I got home from work tonight. Being the impatient idiot that I am, I decided to install it right then and there, darkness and 20 degree temps be damned.
The unit went into an '06 M3 convertable w/navigation.
I experienced a few gotchas, mostly out of my own stupidity. Overall though, the install went smoothly and the DICE works great. EAS has a customer for life, great service.

Couple things I don't understand though;

Thought I read somewhere that the DICE allows you to browse by artist, yet I didn't see this mentioned in the docs - maybe I should re-read.

The docs also say CD6, Track 02 is for "All with nav.", yet when I select that option, nothing is displayed.

Finally on certain display settings, the screen will quickly flash intermittently to either the phone screen or the navigation screen - about once every minute. Is the DICE sending me subliminal messages to call someone or go somewhere? :shhh:

Anyone else ever experience these symptoms?

My apologies if this ground that's already been covered.

·
Registered
890 Posts
So, I ordered a DICE from EAS on Monday night, it was on my doorstep when I got home from work tonight. Being the impatient idiot that I am, I decided to install it right then and there, darkness and 20 degree temps be damned.
I experienced a few gotchas, mostly out of my own stupidity. Overall though, the install went smoothly and the DICE works great. EAS has a customer for life, great service.

Thought I read somewhere that the DICE allows you to browse by artist, yet I didn't see this mentioned in the docs - maybe I should re-read.

The docs also say CD6, Track 02 is for "All with nav.", yet when I select that option, nothing is displayed.

Finally on certain display settings, the screen will quickly flash intermittently to either the phone screen or the navigation screen - about once every minute. Is the DICE sending me subliminal messages to call someone or go somewhere? :shhh:

DICE is a great product and at the same time, acts up in, i don't know how many ways..check the official thread, i still have problems myself and i just give up and learn to live with it. But you can ask Tom, he responds promptly.

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts

Installing @ 20 degrees? You're a trooper.

The DICE does not allow for browsing by artist - you can browse by Song, Album and Playlist. The iPod's Clickwheel remains unlocked so you can still browse by artist on the iPod. For display, I would recommend the DISC6/TRACK6 setting - this displays in a large font and is easy to see.

As always, let me know if you have any other other questions on the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts