E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Evidence said:
is this a good component set? i dont know much about audio stuff, even less about component speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32818&item=5733177675&rd=1

is that a good price?^
i have Hex s600s. DA HEX is not bad. i am satisfied with it. the tweeters are a bit bright, but many speakers have same flaw (ie. MBQuart/Focal/Infinity/Boston- i didn't personally heard those, just what i read on forums). the price is fair.

but, sound quality is very subjective, you should go AUDITION a few speakers before making your choice.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think that diff speakers are made for a variety of musics. The diamonds were the first set of comps that were installed in my car they were easy on the ears actually. if you like to listen to easy listening, or anything other than trance, rap, and rock. i would say the diamonds are suffice. The MQ Q-series which i have currently are a lot "brighter",meaning the pitch are sharper. It hurt my ears actually when i first got them installed. but over time i got use to it and i love them right now. There are a lot more comps out there so it wouldnt hurt to test them out. Like kwang said, its pretty subjective.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
They are great speakers...but definitely not THE best. $275 is probably what you'll pay for a new set of DA HEx S500s.

I would go with the silk tweeters which are the same price as the aluminum. I think the 6" Comps will fit...might want to go with that.

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,186 Posts
Get some alpine spx 177r or 137r. They are way better than diamonds and cheaper. Try ikesound.com

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Surprisingly, Alpine makes some pretty good comps and subs, at least the Type X line.

The most important thing is to listen before you buy. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts