BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have gotten so much useful information from this site so I just wanted to contribute my recent exterior detail of my 2002 325xi. I also detailed my 1993 Camaro Z28 the same way.

Before I get going, I want to say that I have no professional detailing experience. Regarding my selection of products, I tried to balance budget with quality, spending more on some things (the sealer and wash) and less on others.

I used the following in the following order:
Rain-X Bug & Tar - seemed to work well, hard to wash off
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss - blows every other wash I've ever used out of the water, leaves a great shine and lifts dirt very well
Absorber - what I've always used, seems to work fine, have never noticed scratches
Mothers Clay Bar Kit - seemed to work fine, comes with plenty of clay and lube plus a microfiber... think it was 18 bucks, not a bad deal
Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 - freaking amazing product. goes on and removes insanely easy. NOTE: 2nd coat of this really made the paint pop, almost looked like I waxed it...
Natty's Blue paste wax - seemed a little hard to remove (yes I did it in my garage) but left a great shine
Black & Decker Polisher - I know you guys all worship the PC buffer, but this one did fine. I liked the handle design and it was about 1/5 the price. Got some microfiber bonnets from AutoGeek (they have great service, btw) and they fit perfectly.

After I did all this, I hand applied a coat of Natty's Blue wax and buffed it with a MF bonnet on the B&D.

If you will note, I am not adventurous enough to do any kind of cutting/polishing of the clear coat. I will leave that to the pros as I don't have time to learn the finer points... too many hobbies will do that to you.

If there is one thing I'd like to reiterate it would be to GET JETSEAL 109... it's worth every penny. I can't comment on durability, but if the Jetseal and Natty's live up to the hype, I'm not worried. I'll have to post a follow up in a month or so.

Pictures:
1 - products
2 - after wash and clay bar, basically naked clear coat
3 - two coats of Jetseal
4, 5, 6 - Finished views

Attachments

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Looks great but you really ought to try the cutting/polishing steps, because although the car looks great and shiny you can still see all the sratches.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
Nice work! I liked your idea to review the products as well. Glad to hear you liked the Jetseal 109 as much as I do. It's a fantastic sealant that works really well. Take care!

Greg @ Detailed Image

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
she looks clean! I really wanted the jet seal 109, but passed up because it was a bit too pricy for my budget. I'm now starting to regret it, maybe next time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, I forgot to post a follow-up last year.. I was just looking through my subscribed threads and I came across my old post.

Anyway, I can say the JetSeal and Natty's blue definitely live up to their hype. The natty's will last you at least a month and I have my car parked outside all the time. If there's one thing to add about the whole thing it's that the wash, dry, clay bar, wash, dry, sealer, sealer, wax procedure took me almost a full day. The car never looked better but it was quite a bit of work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts