E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i depress the clutch quickly it causes the revs to go up, and this is most noticeable within the lower gears (1 and 2). This isnt a throttle related problem as i could be coasting in 1st and quickly push the clutch in and the engine will rev without me having ever touched the throttle. Any ideas as to what it may be?

Note:
Fuel filter, Plugs and ICV and throttle body have all been cleaned/replaced.
Original boots and i forgot to check condition of lower intake boot connecting to ICV so might be a vacuum leak? Also related is this issue with my 1st cold start of the day causing the car to stumble and die in seconds. 2nd start always starts the car up fine.
New clutch installed 10,000km's ago by previous owner. Not sure if they bled it properly...Could be the cause?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Had it happen to me. I immediately noticed it as soon as I pulled out of my driveway. Turned out my floor mat was out of position and part of it was resting on the lower portion of the accelerator. It took me half a day to figure it out. Anyway, I hope you firgure it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had it happen to me. I immediately noticed it as soon as I pulled out of my driveway. Turned out my floor mat was out of position and part of it was resting on the lower portion of the accelerator. It took me half a day to figure it out. Anyway, I hope you firgure it out.
Nope unfortunately not the solution for me :/
Thanks anyways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts