BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wassup, fanatics. I asked Khoa if he could hook me up with some DEPO r/c/r LED tails. He told me that I would need to gather up about 30 people to get them at a nice discount. So, I am starting a list to see if there are enough people that are interested in r/c/r LEDs. In my opinion, these look far better on sedans than the r/c leds because they have no missing LEDs, and simply keep the facelifted sedan look, as well as updating pre-facelifts to the facelifted taillights, not to mention that its the only kit with LED trunk lights as well.

The turn signals are not LEDs, but you can buy an LED bulb to take care of that.

Heres a thread with pics of them installed on a pre-facelift sedan: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=470911

I know the trunk lights are too bright, but they can be fixed with resistors from your local radioshack. There is a DIY somewhere on these forums, but I can't find it right now. I'll keep looking, and post a link when I find it.

I am not sure if they are available for facelifts, but I know Umnitza sells them for $375+shipping for them, and $275+shipping on pre-facelifts.

*** This is not an actual group buy, this is a list to see if there is enough interest in these taillights to start one ***

1. jose325i

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'd definitely be in if Khoa can get them for Facelift sedans cheaper than Umnitza.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Bump, I know sedan owners who haven't gone clear yet would want in on this...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where? i cant find them on that site...i think they don't carry them anymore. If im wrong, post up a link to the product

·
Registered
33 Posts
actually, im sorry, i cant seem to find it myself either. they must not carry it anymore, all they carry now are those crappy looking altezza lights. but im sure if u guys get 30, khoa will def. hook it up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
actually, im sorry, i cant seem to find it myself either. they must not carry it anymore, all they carry now are those crappy looking altezza lights. but im sure if u guys get 30, khoa will def. hook it up.
I couldn't find them either except some ugly all clear ones.

From what I've heard R/C/R LED's are hand made and take 4 hours to make so I doubt there will ever be a group buy on these especially for a cheap price like $160.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
khoa has a great relationship with DEPO, in fact, he now has his own clear corners made by DEPO that are very inexpensive. Im sure he can get us something if we can get enough people.

no wonder the leds on these look so straight...4 hours??? I dont like EE c/r leds because the leds are all crooked, not in a straight line, and the missing led on top of that for sedan owners. I want to retain my facelifted look, and these DEPOs will get that job done.

pics of djhenrys LEDs...http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=568629

thx for posting up your pics!!!:bow:

Add yourself to the list if you are interested in a possible group buy for these awesome taillights...

·
Registered
33 Posts
khoa has a great relationship with DEPO, in fact, he now has his own clear corners made by DEPO that are very inexpensive. Im sure he can get us something if we can get enough people.

no wonder the leds on these look so straight...4 hours??? I dont like EE c/r leds because the leds are all crooked, not in a straight line, and the missing led on top of that for sedan owners. I want to retain my facelifted look, and these DEPOs will get that job done.

pics of djhenrys LEDs...http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=568629

thx for posting up your pics!!!:bow:

Add yourself to the list if you are interested in a possible group buy for these awesome taillights...
not a problem, i posted them up for the sole purpose of this thread. i wish more sedan owners knew about them. IMO, i think they look way better on a sedan that the r/c Eagle Eyes.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just want to inform everyone that these need resistors to work properly, there has been more issues than great with these taillights. They will throw an error light when installed as they are DEPO. All DEPO tails throw the light in matter what. Only eagle eyes are the ones that are legit and won't throw a light. I just want to be upfront with everyone and not make excuses when it throws a error light as it will.

Khoa

·
Premium Member
20,929 Posts
When u guys get these ill buy some r/c/r regular ass light for a pre-facelift.

But if the price of the LED version is right and the fix simple. Ill get a pr so I never have to remove my system ever again for taillights.

1 - 20 of 283 Posts