E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
if u get a chance, can u post a pic of the rear brake lights with the AIYA upgrade? :D interested in seeing what that looks like exactly :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
looks good... kinda makes me want to disable the outside brake lights, so you would have brake lights reminiscant of the E36's :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
about those rear fogs. How do I go about getting them to lessen the intensity of the light????? I don't want rear FOG lights, but rather just an extension of the parking lights at the dimmer brightness. I have everything setup to work as the fogs, but don't care for the brightness of the lights. I don't really care for it being bright and out of place, it's annoying to people driving behind me and it's really pretty unfunctional in the mid-west.

So... any idea how to step down the intensity of the light? I couldn't find lower wattage bulbs.

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
You don't need a lower wattage bulb, if you wire it to the lights in yellow. These bulbs are on when you turn on your lights, but when you step on the brake they do not increase in intensity. I don't mind the fog lights getting brighter when I step on the brake, because if someone is following me close enough to be bothered by them, that's there fault.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
So do they still get brighter when you brake?

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
The bulbs in the yellow circles do not get brighter when you brake, so if you wire the rear fog lights to these, the rear fogs will not get brighter when you brake. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting, I'll try that.

So... on that subject... how best do you get the wires to that location!? :) When "testing" I just ran a wire to the lights for the license plate. I'll try to run it down to the area circled in yellow and hope that works out. Does it simply send a lower voltage to that light or something??? Curious how that works. Seems like it would just send +12 to the light when it wants the light on, the light in particular would illuminate at different brightnesses depending on the wattage. Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
first of all... Damn she is fine... *drool*... I posted a DIY on this ..

I am glad that you guys (Casonova and Eric ) like what i 've done. Thanks for your kind feedback. It definitely drives me to do more in the future..

Thanks guys

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Congrats bro!

How is it? Are you gaining any experience? When can you start hooking people up?

Oh, it's a very clean install, it runs with factory wiring. PM Aiya, if you have any questions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts