BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No word from dealer over the weekend until this morning. He says that the truck still hasn't shown up and he hasn't been able to contact BMW regarding the whereabouts and a more solid delivery date. Online Order Tracking shows estimated date moved BACK a day although it was moved FORWARD a day over the weekend. :bawling:

Anybody else expecting delivery? Not sure if the holiday may have slowed delivery or not. If I called BMW NA, would they know where the truck is, or am I doomed to this limbo? It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to drive 3 hours to get it, or if my schedule during the week wasn't so full! As it stands, if it doesn't get in today, it'll probably be the weekend before I can go get it! The closer the car gets, the harder the wait becomes! :banghead:

*Venting frustration, patience wearing thin*

Also, got mp3 jukebox loaded and charging. Anyone know what type of connection the 2003 HK has for the aux input? Is it located in the front of the unit with a stereo plug, or in the rear of the unit with left and right RCA plugs? Or were the reports false and the 2003 units do not have aux input?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anybody else expecting delivery? Not sure if the holiday may have slowed delivery or not.
I took delivery on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving of an '03 325i. As far as I could tell, the holiday had no effect on delivery (other than the fact that no one in the states works on Thanksgiving).

The queue at the preparation center seems like the biggest lag producer. Maybe traffic on the highways might push it back a day? Two at most.

My original delivery date was the 23rd, and that date never changed, and my car shows as 'at prep center' right now, even though I've put a 100 miles on it already.

·
Registered
589 Posts
kapusta said:

I took delivery on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving of an '03 325i. As far as I could tell, the holiday had no effect on delivery (other than the fact that no one in the states works on Thanksgiving).

The queue at the preparation center seems like the biggest lag producer. Maybe traffic on the highways might push it back a day? Two at most.

My original delivery date was the 23rd, and that date never changed, and my car shows as 'at prep center' right now, even though I've put a 100 miles on it already.
Yep, the holiday should not be affecting the delivery. I just got my car on Friday, after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My car has been sloooooowly drifting across the Atlantic for the last 10 days. I ordered it on 11/4, so I suppose I have nothing to complain about. Still, this is torture. The BMW order tracking system really lags, so maybe it's made to the Charleston port by now. How much of a wait am I in for once it makes to port?

·
933 Posts
whk said:
My car has been sloooooowly drifting across the Atlantic for the last 10 days. I ordered it on 11/4, so I suppose I have nothing to complain about. Still, this is torture. The BMW order tracking system really lags, so maybe it's made to the Charleston port by now. How much of a wait am I in for once it makes to port?
Depends on how many cars are at the processing center. Usually it only takes a day or two to have it loaded on a truck.
Call BMW NA for up-to-date info.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm also waiting for my car to arrive.. the website shows 11/30/02 but it still hasn't arrived at the dealer as of yet. Also, BMWNA tells me its still at the VPC :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car finally arrived at dealer last night an hour before they closed. Now I won't be able to get it until Friday since the salesman is gone today and I can't get a ride down there (dealer is 200 miles away). At least she arrived in one piece and true to specs (or so the salesman said last night). My status online changed from VPC to "Retail" yesterday afternoon and I couldn't access the order tracker through the owner's circle anymore. I guess they skipped the "At BMW Center" status since they figured I already had it. Soon I'll be cruising in my new ride...Soon (but not soon enough).

·
Registered
174 Posts
labcoat said:
Car finally arrived at dealer last night an hour before they closed. Now I won't be able to get it until Friday since the salesman is gone today and I can't get a ride down there (dealer is 200 miles away). At least she arrived in one piece and true to specs (or so the salesman said last night). My status online changed from VPC to "Retail" yesterday afternoon and I couldn't access the order tracker through the owner's circle anymore. I guess they skipped the "At BMW Center" status since they figured I already had it. Soon I'll be cruising in my new ride...Soon (but not soon enough).
Awesome! Enjoy it! I'll be getting mine soon enough.. Supposedly its been released from the VPC yesterday so hopefully it'll be at the dealer today :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am expecting delivery and it seems delayed. How do you check your order with te date. the BMWNA web site is way off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts