E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bimmerfest is coming up and I am going to try to make it, this will be my first bmw car meet :) So anyways I got racelands and will have endlinks pretty soon.
I get home hopefully on May 8th, do you think it would be safe (wise) to install the coilovers the day I come back home so that I can go to Bimmerfest without a 4x4 bmw?
The problem is that I'll be driving 6 hours to get there. I'm worried that 4-5 days that i'll have them installed before going on that long drive won't be enough to make sure they won't cause problems or be enough time to settle in properly for that long of a trip.

So, should I rush and put them on so that I can go to bimmerfest lowered? Or should I just wait and go in a 4x4?

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
If you've installed them and have four to five days to determine if they're installed correctly I think you'll be alright. If you take your time during the install and make sure everything is properly torqued down, and there are no missing parts that could be essential to the install you will be fine. You could always take them to a shop as well if you're that nervous, and they could have them done in a few hours I'm assuming.

In any case, you'll probably notice right away if something is wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts