BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I ordered the OEM aluminum pedal set as well as the matching dead pedal from the dealer. Since then I have recieved and installed my dead pedal, but still I have not gotten the rest in yet. The dealership originally told me that they were on order from germany and it might take a little bit. Last week when I was getting my steering retrofit done, I spoke to the guy in parts and he told me that BMW was redoing the aluminum pedals as there is a problem with the ones currently out. Apparently the problem is that many have fallen off while driving. Has anyone else heard about this?? In any case any members who have the OEM pedals installed please check them out, and be careful.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm waiting for my pedals to come in also. My parts dept. just told me that they stopped production but didn't give a reason. Pedals falling off = Bad :tsk: I was gonna try to find a set elsewhere but if they're coming out with a revised version then i'll prob. just wait, did your parts guy give any indication as to how long til they make it to the dealers?

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you haven't paid for the oem pedals or can get a refund there are a number of other nice aftermarket pedals available such as the UUC, AC Schnitzer, Hamaan, etc. and I have never heard of any issues with any of them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well i wasn't sure what it would look like mixing pedals, cause i already installed my oem dead pedal. which aftermarkets look closest to OEM with the rubber inserts, UUC?

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chuck H said:
well i wasn't sure what it would look like mixing pedals, cause i already installed my oem dead pedal. which aftermarkets look closest to OEM with the rubber inserts, UUC?

Im in the same spot you are in with just having the dead pedal. In my opinion, none will look as good as buying the matching pedals. But I guess UUC would be the closest. However the design pattern is running in a compleletly different direction.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I installed my OEM Al pedals this past summer. No problem. I got them from Turner very quickly.
The pedals are still on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
At least some of you guys were provided info by your dealer about why they're backordered (the redesign issue). My dealer just said "they're backordered indefinitely, that's all we know." Being p!ssed at this lack of info, I called BMWNA, who said dealers could call their regional rep(s) to get an update from Germany on possible arrival.

Anyone have a good relationship with their parts dept. to ask them to call their regional rep? I think mine will probably say no given their previous lack of going the extra mile.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Chuck H said:
Try the Hartge ones. I believe they just came out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts