BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received a pair of 6000k bulbs from Gary at MotionR but one of them was slanted (see picture in the link below...the bulb on the left is the defect and the right is the OEM one) and did not work. MotionR refused to exchange the bulb unless I pay an extra $45.00 USD. I find this unfair.....they also refused to give me a refund even if I send them both bulbs back. I just want to get what I paid for which is a working pair of bulbs. What else can I do? Please Help! :thumbdwn:

Oh...they also have they're own forum..... it'd be much appreciated if you could respond there as well.

Here's the link: http://www.dreamtrade.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=motionr;action=display;num=1069741280

·
INDEED
1,135 Posts
simple. call up your credit card company and explain it to them. don't let that company screw you over!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I paid with Paypal. I did file a complaint with Paypal but I think it'll take a while before I get some sort of response. He claims that it will cost over $90.00 USD for shipping to the manufacturer in Japan and back to me and that he'll cover half the shipping...which comes to $45.00 USD. Plus I have to pay for shipping to return the item. I feel I shouldn't have to pay for a thing since it should have been working in the first place. But I still don't see how it could come to so much it ship something so little to Japan. What do you guys think? :dunno:

And guess what....he removed my post on the motionR forum. I wrote exactly the same thing as what I wrote above. He's worried other people will find out what a scammer he is.

·
Asik Ajee !
589 Posts
Sh*t this company su*ks , have them sued ! and NeVER pay a penny ! you are totally cheated. how could they ask you to pay for what've done to you ! dont pay, where is this company anyway ?

·
INDEED
1,135 Posts
it dont cost no $90 to ship to japan and back, especially not for something as small as a bulb. Probably $15-20 MAX. I've had HEAVY things shipped from there.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those purchasing HIDs from Ebay....MotionR changed their name from topdaytrader to endlessperformance.....Do not buy from this seller!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Shouldn't have purchased from MotionR...they're a bunch of scammers and has had a long history on ebay for screwing people over under multiple sns.

When you filed a complaint with PayPal, did you file for "non-receipt" or "not as described"? If the latter, then you're screwd. PayPal won't do anything. The only time when they'll investigate is if you filed for "non-receipt".

Also, what did you use as the source of your funds? Did you send money directly from your paypal account's balance, or did you fund with a credit card. If a credit card you can call up your credit card company and request a chargeback.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts