E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Slow in, slower out
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While cruising around 75mph in the middle northbound lane on I-95 in Maryland yesterday evening, I had a livestock encounter of the serial killer kind. I caught a glimpse of red asphalt streaking out from under the red Neon that was a few car lengths in front of me. Suddenly, the Neon jumped up about a foot on its right side. An instant later, the Neon spit a headless and legless deer torso at me from under its right side. Since I was following closely, my only reaction was to ease off the gas to reduce the possibility of sudden yawing due to instantaneous tire loss. My touring bucked up and over the 150lb hunk of venison undoubtably scaring the snot out of some poor soccer mom behind me. I held the car steady with reduced throttle for a couple seconds to asses the damage. No rumbling, pulling, or screeching led me to believe that there was no major damage. After taking a closer look last night, I found some missing trim in the lower front bumper. I may have cracked the bumper. I certainly lost a few chunks of trim. The do-it-yourself car wash place down the street from my office is probably the best place to start removing deer pelt, flecks of bone, organ remnants, and blood stains.

I wonder what people thought when they saw my car coming at them with the bumper in this condition.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Is that a little suprise behind your kidney grill as well?

·
Registered
379 Posts
crispee00 said:
I think they're just leaves...but still, that's a bum deal! Your car looks pretty good though considering. It just looks like you need a new black grill for the bottom of the bumper, shouldn't cost more than $100 new.

·
loves M.J.
5,041 Posts
crispee00 said:
hahah yeah thats what I was thinking too--deer jerky? :eeps: mMMMmMm

sorry to hear though :( thank god the damage wasn't worse, you know?

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
teamdfl said:
I wonder what people thought when they saw my car coming at them with the bumper in this condition.
I know you were speeding through a school zone again. Thinking the touring will hide you from prying eyes. Don't try to cover it up with bogus deer stories.

;)

Seriously, animal encounters are the worst kind. At least it didn't come up over the airdam and onto the hood and windshield!

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,701 Posts
the worst part is you didn't get the satisfaction of ending this very tall rat's life. You were attacked by deer shrapnel. You were robbed of the most gratifing part of having your vehicle damaged - seeing the look of surprise on Bambi's face as she becomes a projectile. You feel bad at that instant, but it becomes a calming memory years later.

·
1,263 Posts
Looks like a job for brakefest. I would leave the blood splatter for a few days so you can enjoy the looks on people faces.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
alken said:
Ed, we're theoretically using the garage majal tonight for some work on my car...

I don't see much chance of me escaping to the garage-mahal tonight. If I can get out, I'll just show up w/ pizza and beer.

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,701 Posts
call me or Rob to confirm - we tried to do it Wed. night, but Sunny's friend had a transmission-less Audi on the lift about a day longer than he'd expected. Hopefully he got the clutch installed and it will be free tonight. I'm waiting for confirmation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts