E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues deciding on a summer tire.. I have Blizzacks for the winter so I'm not really looking for an all season rubber.

So far I have my selection narrowed down to:

Dunlop Direzza DZ101s ( I was told by an autocross friend that they suck)
Hankook HR437
Yokohama S Drives

I'm looking to stay in that price range and would be mounting and balancing myself..

Also looking to move from a 205/55/16 to a 225/50/16

Also open to suggestions.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Of those choices I think S.Drives would be a good option. Other popular tires that I have found to be pretty popular would be the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 and Continental ExtremeContact DW. A couple employees here have had both Hankooks and Continentals and found them to be affordable, quiet, and pretty grippy for everyday driving. :thumbup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have Hankook V12's and am very happy with them, especially for the price! Any truth to the rumors that the Conti DW's have fairly soft sidewalls?

·
Registered
59 Posts
just please for the love of the roundel do not get the dz 101's i have them on my car now and theyre terrible....only single A traction rated and the sidewalls feel like pool noodles in the corners.....i think i will be going ventus v12's as soon as i can wear the tread off these (which wont be very long seeing as how easy they lose traction and slide)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.