BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now about 5 months pregnant and I have decided to part ways with my 330ci... :( However I am leaving a huge fan and look forward to coming back one day. Maybe it is reality of a child on the way kicking in or just my urge to satisfy my never ending car habit. I have been looking at 2007 FJ Cruisers.... any opinions? By the way if you are in the Southeast and are looking for a coupe hit me up.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Why sell? My wife and i just had a boy and i kept my ride. Baby seat fits in the backseat pretty well too.:) Anyways...congrats on your new baby and good luck with the new car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never been known to keep one long. It has just got tiring trying to go and do stuff, with the dogs or moving stuff from my store or pulling a trailer. With both of us in cars, it is tough to get stuff done. I really love the car and will probably regret selling. By the way, congrats on the baby!

·
Registered
46 Posts
those fj things are horrible....we had a few come through the shop recently (detail) ...just ugly junk...but to each their own ....like the element they are just lacking in any style ...and all that plastic interior looks really bad after alittle while...since it scratches sooo easily ....but like i said its just my opinion.....good luck with the baby :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't really gotten a chance to check them out inside. I have always been a fan of the old ones, so I like the exterior. I was looking for an SUV/Truck for moving stuff back and forth and pulling a trailer. Plus we like to make some trips to the river in the spring, so that was the one that come to mind.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why not stay in the BMW family and get an X3 or X5?
My cousin is a controller at my local dealership and she asked me if I wanted one. The only problem I have with the X3 is, it is a chick wagon. I had one on loaner for a week and everyone was like, hey did you get your girl a new ride... Not for me. I do like the X5's but from what I understand is the mpg is not that grand, plus going in the woods... I would be scared to scratch it. I had a 06 Tacoma before this car, so I thought maybe the FJ would be as nice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't really gotten a chance to check them out inside. I have always been a fan of the old ones, so I like the exterior. I was looking for an SUV/Truck for moving stuff back and forth and pulling a trailer. Plus we like to make some trips to the river in the spring, so that was the one that come to mind.
see i think they have no style....no wow factor.....they arent pleasing to my eye...and to me a car has to be ....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been on numerous drives with my BMW club and a few members have X3 3.0si's. If someone put a gun to my head and said you must buy an SUV, that would be the one. They toss those things around high speed corners like crazy and they handled like cars. If I really had to SUV it, why not get one that actually handles well and does not just claim to like all the other SUV makers?
BTW have chased some X5's too and they are even better..

·
.....loves BOOBS!!!
442 Posts
how much for the coupe....wanna trade for a sedan LOL

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Get the FJ. My uncle has one in black and it's a pretty badass SUV and the interior is pretty comfortable as well. The FJ will be way more practical than the Bimmer and can definately hold its own in rough terrain bone stock. I have a Bimmer and a Tacoma so I have the best of both worlds :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get the FJ. My uncle has one in black and it's a pretty badass SUV and the interior is pretty comfortable as well. The FJ will be way more practical than the Bimmer and can definately hold its own in rough terrain bone stock. I have a Bimmer and a Tacoma so I have the best of both worlds :)
See I have had several Tacomas in the past and regret getting rid of everyone of them. I wish there was a way to have both now, but I don't see that being possible. I like the FJ, because I can strap a latter on top carry cable to a job when needed and still put supplies inside, and top it off go down to the riverbed. That was the only reason I was leaning that way.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
How about a Wagon?

No one has ever called mine a chick car and even the guys at the lumberyard like it.
Great mileage and it drives like your coupe. Has as much room inside as a X3 or a FJ. My wife thought she might like a FJ. One look inside and those pita rear doors changed her mind.

·
Registered
373 Posts
How about a Wagon?

No one has ever called mine a chick car and even the guys at the lumberyard like it.
Great mileage and it drives like your coupe. Has as much room inside as a X3 or a FJ. My wife thought she might like a FJ. One look inside and those pita rear doors changed her mind.
Wagons are incredibly functional. I have an AWD, loaded manual turbo Audi wagon--- it's my daily driver... went from an Explorer to the wagon and boy what a world I was missing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts