E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after several hours of baking my headlights taking them apart and putting them back together to paint my reflector bowls (broke one tab accidentally in the process) only to realize that I forgot to put back some part, I have decided that it just too much of a hassle to re-bake and disassemble everything if i ever get AE's. Therefore screw whoever designed the facelift coupe and thought it would be funny to make it so flippin difficult to disassemble. Why couldn't it be like the prefacelifts where you can just pop the lens off....ON top of that my stupid bmw performance intake was a PITA to hook up to the maf boot or whatever it was...stupid clamps took forever to snap on...maybe i was doing it wrong :hmm: but regardless i dont think it shouldve taken me that long to reinstall my intake...anyways..sorry about the rant...its 2am in the morning when I just finished putting everything back the way it was...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Maybe if you had thought ahead you could have painted your reflector bowls AND installed AEs at the same time.

·
Registered
944 Posts
So after several hours of baking my headlights taking them apart and putting them back together to paint my reflector bowls (broke one tab accidentally in the process) only to realize that I forgot to put back some part, I have decided that it just too much of a hassle to re-bake and disassemble everything if i ever get AE's. Therefore screw whoever designed the facelift coupe and thought it would be funny to make it so flippin difficult to disassemble. Why couldn't it be like the prefacelifts where you can just pop the lens off....ON top of that my stupid bmw performance intake was a PITA to hook up to the maf boot or whatever it was...stupid clamps took forever to snap on...maybe i was doing it wrong :hmm: but regardless i dont think it shouldve taken me that long to reinstall my intake...anyways..sorry about the rant...its 2am in the morning when I just finished putting everything back the way it was...
Yeah, they are a PITA to install - I removed mine to bake 'em and discovered the f***ing oven wasn't big enough to fit them. Fortunately, the missus has a powerful hairdryer - got the job done eventually!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts