E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.piratecove.org
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the BMW dealership today 'cause my other headlight burned out last night, riiiiight.

So they replaced it and offered to wash it for me, so I said yes. So I waited and talked to everyone and whatnot.

Oh yeah and my new bumper stripping came today so i can get rid of that piece that has the licence plate holder, got that installed after i got home, pics to come.

We had my brother Ben's birthday party.

Then we decided to go get some milkshakes. While there my brother Sean notices some crap on my passenger side door. I'm like its prolly residue from the crappy car wash they did or something. Then he said 'no its not that'

So I get out and check it out.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There is what looks like to be buffer burn marks on the edge of the rear passenger side door where it joins with the front door. Then there is a big ass or two buff marks on the door, as well as the rear fender!!!!

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So needless to say I'm going there first thing in the morning and telling them that they are fixing this for free, and that they arnt just to put some touch up paint on that thing as it will never match, they need to repaint both doors and the rear fender.

This should be interesting.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry to hear, that sucks! I had to take my car in for service once (not my BMW) and when I got it back I noticed a big scratch down the top of my spoiler. I took it back immediatley and they had there body shop repaint it. Kinda of sucks though because they may say that it was there before you brought it in. Anyway of proving it? That's the hard part. Don't go in being an ass and they'll probably confess up to it. Get the tech's name off the invoice if possible.

Good luck, hope it turns out well!

·
unregistered user
791 Posts
Hell yeah I can totally see that happening. They have some real losers here that do the washing and detail work on both new delivery and customer cars. I never let them touch my car, even though they offer to wash it just about everytime I go in there to get parts or test drive something. Be there bright and early in the morning and raise some serious hell with them. Don't stop until you have an appointment with the body shop to get your ride repainted.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are what looks like some type of buffer sat on my paint and ate away at it

i park in an area at work where there is nobody around me for at least 2 parking spaces and then after work it just sat in my driveway all night too. No way they can claim that was there before, plus I know everyone there and the boss personally so things should work out well.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Bimmerless
1,526 Posts
Sorry to hear man. This is exactly why I tell my service advisor NO CAR WASH every time I drop off the car. They paying some poor guy minumum wage to wash your car. After the 5th car, he aint gonna give a crap no more and hate his life and all the nice cars he has to wash.

I seen them pick up dirty rags off the ground and dry the car. HOLY CRAP! Cardinal car wash sin.:yikes: :confused:

·
www.piratecove.org
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went this morning. The ladies I talk to all the time there informed me that the car was is just a hose and a chamois, and its all by hand. I said 'That's fine and all, but this wasn't here when I brought it in yesterday, and all it did was sit in my driveway all last night.'

So they said that I can bring it back in after work and have the guy that does that stuff take a look at it.

I said 'he can look at it, but you cant buff that out, the paint is worn away in spots'

This other guy said it could be a bumper, then i said 'go down there and look at that' . Then he said 'yeah thats too low and a bumper wouldnt have done that', owned.

So we'll see how it goes tonight.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K went there, they attempted to 'buff it out'. Why in the hell they thought that was gonna work was beyond me. But she said she'll talk to the body shop to schedule a day or two for them to work on it, and when she has that and a loaner lined up then she'll call me back.

Score, this couldnt be going any smoother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.