BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i installed my alarm, i took it to the dealer for activation. They told me there is no such thing. I was confused cuz everyone says they gotta activate. So then i just asked them to see if its operational and they said yes. I was glad to avoid the charge anyhow. I was still kinda skeptical so i took it home, put in the shock sensor and tested it, works!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
NEWBIEFANATIC said:
After i installed my alarm, i took it to the dealer for activation. They told me there is no such thing. I was confused cuz everyone says they gotta activate. So then i just asked them to see if its operational and they said yes. I was glad to avoid the charge anyhow. I was still kinda skeptical so i took it home, put in the shock sensor and tested it, works!!!

Has your car always flashed its lights when you locked the car? If so then it was already set up for it. I had to have mine activated.

I got it done for free though, good dealership, I guess

:thumbup:

See ya

John V

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i told them i wanted it to flash and beep, but they still said the alarm was working without those features.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
All BMW's equipped with EWS can have the "acknowledgement" feature cut on, just as the above guys said. This simply makes your parking lights blink, and on some cars it will beep during operation. This is the only thing that needs to be "activated".

·
Registered
339 Posts
They are telling you BS.... some of the feature might be working, but do yourself a favor....jack up the rear of the car with the alarm on... I bet you.... your alarm doesn't go off! My dealer played this game with me...oh we have activated your alarm....yes, it does beep but not all the features work... may be yours is different but they need to initialize the features, trust me... but hey, I might be wrong...:dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts