E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay... here's just my little dealer rant.. add to this list if you want, if not, just laugh and move on.

Background info:
I drive a 330Ci 2002
Looking to get an OEM m3 front Retrofit onto the front, Rieger just doesn't cut it for me, so here's my fone call to a few dealers in SoCal area.

"Hello, I was looking to get a quote on the OEM 2002 m3 bumper"

"Sir, what car do you have?"

"330Ci, 2002, Yes i know it won't fit, custom work"

"You know, BMW makes a kit that will fit on your bumper"

"Ya, i know, but i want the exact m3 bumper"

"Yes sir, this is the same bumper as the m3, and you won't need to retrofit it onto your car.. no custom work is ncessary.. i sold a few of these to people from, i don't know if you heard of this place, e46fanatics "

"Yes, i know of the forum, so this kit that you're talking about, it's the EXACT m3 bumper for a normal non-M e46? Are you SURE?"

"Yes sir, i'm sure, in fact, i'm looking at it right now, it's the same as the m3 front, and it's about 1000 dollars for the kit"

"hmmm, interesting... can you give me the parts number on it"

"here it is ## ### ### ### ##"

"thank you... (F*cking moron that's the M-Technik bumper you F*cking ass dumbSh*t wasted my cellfone minutes you stupid brainless F*cker give back my 15 minutes of youth ... GRRRRRAAAAHHHHH"

That conversation, occurred, THREE times ! ! ! ! in ONE DAY ! !

BMW of San Diego Parts Department
Pacific BMW, Parts Department
Brecht BMW, Escondido

......... so.. ya... can someone explain to me why there isn't a vision requirement to work at these dealers since they're all F*cking blind !

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
just tell him, it doesnt matter what car i drive, i drive a fukking civic, now do u wanna sell a front M3 bumper or not? :D

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i guess if im a moron taht works at a dealership i'd think the m tech and the real m bumper look pretty smiilar.

·
eh.
1,317 Posts
assaels probably worse... the techs didn't even know what obc was.. they said u can't flash ur obc so the car recognizes the xenons.. the techs said this... i went to new century to flahs my obc.. look no longe than 5 mins.. the techs there said that assael techs are idiots lol they always make fun of them

·
OO[][]OO
523 Posts
hehe that's funny, ... but wait till you hear one of mine :

> Me at the ( "no name" ) BMW part's dep. counter :
I would like to check how much is the price on the clear lights ( front /rear tail lights) for 2001 - 330Ci ? (did even handed their part numbers on peace of paper for quicker respond ) !

> Parts dep. sale person answer: - (.......after checking on the computer for some time ) : ........ well ... A ... I will need your VIN number to find out ....... :lmao::confused::lmao: :tsk: :lmao: :tsk:

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a few terrific stories. 1) picked up my car and they didn't have my spare set of keys, and they weren't able to program my car turning a lot of the creature features on.
2) long story but while doing my rear strut bar my roommate yanked on the trunk panel breaking the inner tail light, went to the dealer saying I need so and so... for sport package(euro) taillights. Gives me the package, get home, it's an inner taillight for the red/amber taillights which don't fit! What an idiot
3) Have wood grain interior(damn premium package) so I bought the little black leather/ chrome OEM shift knob, and decided to buy the graphite matte shifter piece because the new knob clashed, so I go to the dealer and granted I did not know the exact name BMW called the color, but I said it was a matte(NOT GLOSSY) I repeated the not glossy part several times and guess what they ordered, yes they ordered a GLOSSY PIECE! I did finally end up with the right piece but it is just a hassle ya know.
4) called and asked about taking the Titanium headlight trim out and he replied,"What headlight trim are you talking about, the Xenon projector???"My reply was simple, I just hung the phone up and did it myself!
5) called about my speakers making a noise(the Ci plague) his first reply, "well that's not good!" I could immediately tell this guy was right out of Harvard! Then he insults my intelligence by saying,"I know you young people like your bass, but keep it down and it won't squeek." I tried to remain calm and tell him I know that and I don't keep my bass up, that's why they have subs to add the bass.his reply,"what subs????" So after that I did not have a lot of faith to give my car to this dealership and let them take my car apart. Sorry if this is long, but I was just trying to bring some entertainment in everyone's life!

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
how could that conversation happen 3 times? u need to shut that down right away once u see which direction its heading.

oh and btw, what is this e46fanatics? :confused: :lmao:

btw i think m3 bumpers take way too much work to be worth it. but if you got the money and the patience....

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
tell them you have a m3 and you got in a accident and need a new bumper
that's exactly what i was going to suggest. either that, or just order it by the part number, and there will be no confusion.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i just wanted to see the prices at each of the dealers, since i heard pacific would be cheap to mail order, however i found that the shipping offsets the "discount" they give me... so i guess it's local for me.

anyways.. i know a bodyshop personally, so that's why it wouldnt' be AS BAD for me, if all goes well, i'll refer u guys to it if anyone is interested.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
what did i tell you? i knew coz it happened to me

dood.. you need to stop going for the m3 bumper okay? or i am going to get the rieger.. errr :ben: :ben:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Well I can tell you from trying to research the Z4 button.

I call Pacific and say I'd like to see if you have a Z4 2.5L retro-fit kit for Dynamic Stability Control "sport button". Reply: "What kind of button?". Me: "Sport Button". Reply: "I don't know what that is?". Me: Ok let me help you, here is the part number for just the button:XXXXXXXXXXX. Reply: "Hold ON". He comes back and Replies: "Well what are you looking for again?". Me : Did you look up the part number I gave you? Reply: "What kind of car is it". Me duh: "Z4 2.5L is what I said before". Reply: Hold-on. He comes back "well I don't know what a sport button is". I say" Well can you just loook up the part number I gave you?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. Reply: Hold on................................................................................................................... He comes back "Ok I can order it". I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....... I called to see if you have a retro-fit kit for the Z4 Dynamic Driving control "sport button". As I said earlier, I already have the button which does me no good, I need to see from your ETK if there is a retro-fit for the entire Dynamic Driving Control System". Reply: Well I don't know what that is?????. Me: Well the Z4 sport option comes with a sport kit and that kit includes a sport button and the system behind the button is called "dynamic driving control". Can you just do a search on DDC and Dynamic Driving Control?". Reply: "What was it". Me "thinking this guy is a real idiot". He says"Hold ON". Reply "mumble mumble mumble, DDC mumble, button, mumble mumble......OK SIR? We don't have this DDC. ME: Well did you do a search on the ETK for DDC?? Reply: mumble mumble mumble Look on ETK mumble mumble. Reply: Ok sir that is a part that comes from BMW. Me: "hmmm this guy is a real idiot" yeah I know it comes from BMW that's why Im calling. I was asking if your ETK lists a retro-fit kit for people that ordered a Z4 sport but didn't get the sport button". Reply: OH...mumble mumble Kit mumble Z4 mumble mumble mumble. Reply: Hand on. NEW GUY: Hello WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR??????? me: I simply called to see if you have a retro-fit kit for the Z4 dynamic driving control, it's called a sport button option. Reply New guy: well that's a BMW part. ME: Well can you look on the ETK to see if DDC or dynamic driving control is listed, I have the sport button but I need to know what the button is attached to. Here's the button number so you can see what it looks like: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. New guy : "hold on" 1 sec later..NO WE DON"T HAVE IT. ME: thinking what an @sshole, I know it takes more than a second to type the damn words. New GUY: you need to contact Dinan for this part... Me WTF. What contact Dinan? New guy: Yeah Dinan has this part, they can help you out. Me: thinking year whatever. OK bye..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I drive up to service and ask them if it was possible for them to move the cd changer from the roof of trunk to the left-hand side compartment. He looked in my trunk a little and tells me it is impossible b/c the wiring feeds directly into the mount. I decide to listen to him and I head home. I then open my trunk and look inside only to discover the wiring from the cd changer is coming directly from the left-hand side compartment, where I wanted to put the cd changer. Lazy bastards...

·
Registered
308 Posts
You guys should put the things about dealers good or bad on dealerrater.com so everybody can benefit from your experiences.
thanks
vern

·
Registered
478 Posts
ok the modifying scene dnt really... it jst doesnt in Portugal so me trying to be a clever little ******* i went to BMW and asked to speak to the parts guy i was like, Hi can you quote me the price on some "angel eye" rings only please?
guy: *after confused expression leaves his face* angel eyes?!! whats that?
me: you know... the little rings around the E39 headlamps that come as a factory option...
guy: ohhhhh you mean the xenon lights!!! *with a big smile*
me: ... yeah thats the one thank you have a nice day

·
Registered
227 Posts
Kevin man that is hilarious but also not. My dealer is pretty good except that they always seem to leave their cleaning brushes in my back seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lmao

this is seriously the funniest thing... how could these dealers be sooooooooooo dumb????:dunno: i'm still new to all of this but i'm sure that it'll be "interesting" when i need help from a dealer. and i'm sure i will have a story to tell about how stupid they are... until then i'll just laugh at you guys' :tsk: :lmao: :lmao:

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
my body shop guy was a retard he kept saying your car is m3 now ...m3 now in a stupid middle eastern fob accent ....im like dude its not the m3 bumper ..yes it is i make your car m3 , blah blah blah i wanted to slap him

1 - 20 of 23 Posts