E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Man
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is going in for service in a couple weeks and I am having them turn on the auto door locks. They said the first time you bring in the car all programming is free. So i only want to do this once. Do you guys know of any other options or features I can have them turn on?

·
www.piratecove.org
3,677 Posts
programming special function of your key if you like. turning off the DRL's if you want. enabling a recently installed car alarm.

stuff like that is pretty common

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
look in the post

more easter eggs. tells you every thing the dealer dosen't. not to sure about the exact name. but the main subject is easter eggs.
as what you are looking for and more.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Go to bimmerfest.com search----programable options-----how you choose programable option settings,go to the second post and thats where you will find the form that the dealer is suppose to show you before you take delivery on the car,that most dealers never do,to make your slection of what options you want programed.Hope this helps you.
good luck
vern

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can get your door to lock after 5 mph thas a nice feature

·
The Man
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vernong said:
Go to bimmerfest.com search----programable options-----how you choose programable option settings,go to the second post and thats where you will find the form that the dealer is suppose to show you before you take delivery on the car,that most dealers never do,to make your slection of what options you want programed.Hope this helps you.
good luck
vern

here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like the outside mirror tilt-down feature to be enabled. This allows you to adjust where the mirror tilts to when you put the car into reverse rather than just using the factory default.

·
The Man
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beauport said:
I like the outside mirror tilt-down feature to be enabled. This allows you to adjust where the mirror tilts to when you put the car into reverse rather than just using the factory default.
I thought that is standard as long as you have the drivers side mirror selected?

·
Registered
20 Posts
See if you can get them to program it so you can close you windows by using the key fob, not just open them.

·
The Man
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brimergrin said:
See if you can get them to program it so you can close you windows by using the key fob, not just open them.
good idea, i thought i read that you can tell them to program the one touch rear window open and close on the coupes, is that possible?

·
www.piratecove.org
3,677 Posts
SheriffA said:

I thought that is standard as long as you have the drivers side mirror selected?
me too granted i havnt paid attention to that since i got mine, heh

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
SheriffA said:
You need to read his post more carefully. He wants to adjust how far the mirror tilts down in the "reverse" mode. Yes, it's possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts